Discount multiple night stays?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HSV I did what you are doing and then changed it out. This is what I came up with. I thought to myself, what sounds better - what works better - we are not in a place with a high # of repeat guests - not a resort area. So offering that to them is not worth much. I tried it, nothing came of it (for us here in our locale).
BUT if they have their friends tell us they know us, wink wink, then we will give them the discount. In other words, they have the inside scoop "Oh we loved our stay at High Street Victorian. Tell them we sent you and they will put flowers in your room, or breakfast delivered to the room at no extra charge or save $15."
I have writers block as I am trying to put this in words.
So the thing is - they tell people they know and those people they know get the discount or special treatment. It is like sitting at the family table in a popular- can't-get-reservations Italian restaurant. It is prestigious. Hey YOU KNOW SOMEBODY...
So the orig guests looks like winners, we look like winners and the new guests continue the tradition by telling other people..
This sounds like a good plan. I will consider using it.
Several guests said 'they will be back'. Do/have your guests said that and do they actually come back?
We are lucky as we have the Katy Trail that draws bikers that do bike frequently in this area.
high street victorian said:
This sounds like a good plan. I will consider using it.
Several guests said 'they will be back'. Do/have your guests said that and do they actually come back?
We are lucky as we have the Katy Trail that draws bikers that do bike frequently in this area.
My place has been open for 21 years. We have guests come back 15 years later! They've missed some interim innkeepers but they remember the house! We run about 30% repeats.
We just had guests this weekend who were here twelve years ago - owners have changed twice since then. They were surprised (!!) how much things had changed around here. They booked online and listed 'prior visit' for how they found us. I was racking my brains trying to figure out when they'd been here before and didn't find out until check-in that it was so long ago.

I have a reservation coming in tomorrow for 4 nights on my Police/Military discount (15% this time of year), but the discounts have not seemed to have been the deal makers or breakers. If I have an event in town or in the area, I offer 2 nights at the regular rate and a third night for $50. I have had a few use that - but not a lot. I am getting a lot of weekday business this year. It is phenominal and I love it.
What seems to be working this year is the Bike N Winery ads that offer a $10 discount - enough to make them tell me where they saw the ad!.
gillumhouse said:
I have a reservation coming in tomorrow for 4 nights on my Police/Military discount (15% this time of year), but the discounts have not seemed to have been the deal makers or breakers. If I have an event in town or in the area, I offer 2 nights at the regular rate and a third night for $50. I have had a few use that - but not a lot. I am getting a lot of weekday business this year. It is phenominal and I love it.
Wow you mean you give discounts all the time to Military? Imagine that.

We don't discount our rooms, except for a private academy which is 15% off and is always multiple nights during the week only. Many people play the rate game-up on holiday-down during the week. Our rates are kept the same for the entire year. You don't lose sleep over who got what rate and when because they are all the same level. I don't believe this has hurt me. Many guests ask for a discount but I let them know it is a great value already.

Back