Quantcast

Do Blogs Help???

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Copperhead

Reaction score
This article is not about a B&B, but it does provide some insite as to how a blog can help a business....

MTLLodge

Reaction score
I think they do. I'll be a guest blogger for our state! I blog about events in my area. I'm happy to promote this area. Mark Twain was born here!

Innkeep

Reaction score
I am learning that I have to be very careful when composing my blogs. I am still in the learning curve, and when blogging about specific events held on specific dates, I offer discounts targeted for a specific event.
I had a lady making a reservation for a non-event night who must have only skimmed the blog and her email indicates that she is claiming the discount I offered on the blog. I don't quite know how to respond other than give the discount. One of those "people don't read" types.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am learning that I have to be very careful when composing my blogs. I am still in the learning curve, and when blogging about specific events held on specific dates, I offer discounts targeted for a specific event.
I had a lady making a reservation for a non-event night who must have only skimmed the blog and her email indicates that she is claiming the discount I offered on the blog. I don't quite know how to respond other than give the discount. One of those "people don't read" types..
Cut and paste the blog post in a reply to her and tell her it is only for the specific event listed. Unless you really want her booking.
Heck, I just did the same thing...saw a great 40% off deal on a place I wanted to go. I want to go later on in the year. The % off is for this week. Duh. But they had 6 different specials all listed together and it was confusing as every other one was for multiple months, not just this week.