Quantcast

Do you do wake up calls?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

egoodell

Reaction score
We don't do wake up calls. But have never been asked. We have alarm clocks in the rooms.
Riki

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They're all grownups. They have alarm clocks. I leave them alone. Me knocking on a door at x AM would wake everyone else up as well.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only if asked. There are alarms in the rooms. Although one morning I called on the cell phone to tell the SBDC lady that breakfast is served. I did not want to climb the steps - and we have become friends. Her response was Oh you smart devil!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Alarm clocks in all rooms. But if someone asked, I would certainly knock on their door for them:)

JeannineIrish

Reaction score
I will if they ask especially if they are afraid that the alarm will not go off or they will sleep through it.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I often get asked, particularly when they have an appointment to get to. They don't trust themselves to set the clock right.
=)
Kk.

greyswan

Reaction score
We have in the past when requested. Our rooms have alarm clocks - most guests have said they use their cell phone. One guest requested we call them on their cell phone - he had slept in on the previous day and was late for a business breakfast here at the inn - we went up and knocked on his door and obviously he was still asleep. His peers were amused and he received a good bit of poking when he arrived at the table.
Most guests don't request this service.

ginocat

Reaction score
Of course! Usually when they find that they have alarms in their rooms they then say they don't need the wake-up call.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
yes. hasn't happened often ... but i will do it.
knees creaking i climb to the third or second floor, knock knock knock ... pause ... from inside i hear a muffled, 'thank you' ... it's just folks worried that the alarm clock radio won't wake them. our radio reception is awful. i tell them to use the BUZZ feature in case the station goes away.
here's a story i may not have told. partner (my late husband's former so from years ago and mom to their special needs son) and i stayed at a b&b in new hampshire. partner requested a 'wake up call' ... at the appointed hour, the innkeeper opened the door to partner's room and sent in the dog who jumped up on the bed to awaken partner. haha! NOT what she expected! i don't know why she sent in the dog!!!

StefS.

Reaction score
We do if asked. Though their are alarm clocks in all the rooms, with a small printout of how to work the clock so there should be no complications.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Yes, I do call if asked but most either use their cell phone or the alarm in the room.
One time someone wanted a wake up call at 4:30 am, sorry Charlie!!! Luckily this was asked while I was in their room, so instead of sounding mean I just reached the alarm and set it for them and said, 'there you go and I will set the coffee pot early too'.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
You know, maybe we should consider doing this whether they ask for it or not...
Ring:
"it's a half hour past breakfast and now your breakfast is cold!"
Ring:
"It's a half hour past check out and you need to leave"
Ring:
"Coffee's ready and it's an hour past when you said you needed your 4AM breakfast"
Ring:

Ring:

Ring:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ring:
Ring:
Ring:
"Coffee's ready and it's an hour past when you said you needed your 4AM breakfast"
Ring:

Ring:

Ring:
Great reason to get cellphone numbers!

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
Ring:
Ring:
Ring:
Ring:

Ring:

Ring:
love it!!

Latest posts