Do you give repeat guests perks?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of guests that come for a particular event every year - i make sure they have priority booking get the best rooms and rates - I also remind them when the dates for it are and what rooms the need and so on..
We do this too. Hadn't thought about it earlier. We usually don't take reservations for the next year until Jan 1st, but with the regulars (Chili Cookoff Budw eiser Rep, Arts in the Park jewelry vendor, etc) we always make sure their dates & their favorite room are reserved for them with no deposits needed. That definitely makes them feel special.
K9 said:
We do this too. Hadn't thought about it earlier. We usually don't take reservations for the next year until Jan 1st, but with the regulars (Chili Cookoff Budw eiser Rep, Arts in the Park jewelry vendor, etc) we always make sure their dates & their favorite room are reserved for them with no deposits needed. That definitely makes them feel special.
Not wanting to tell you how to do things, but why wait until Jan when you know you can fill up before then? I try to keep my booking calendar at least open for a year from this month. If I know I have repeats who always take a particular room on the same weekend, I pencil them in. Then their room is ready for next year when they check out this year. If they can't make it next year, I still have a year to fill that spot.
(Of course I just looked and I'm behind schedule... I will take phone calls for next year, give them this year's rate and pop them in even tho they can't make the rez themselves. Because I'm behind schedule!)
We usually don't get requests for that far in advance, except for our regulars. And we ensure that they get their specific date & room. Now, if someone booked through our website for that far in advance, we wouldn't reject it. I guess maybe I spoke wrong. I don't turn away a reservation (for anything really), we just never get requests that far away.

I have a lot of guests that come for a particular event every year - i make sure they have priority booking get the best rooms and rates - I also remind them when the dates for it are and what rooms the need and so on..
K9 said:
Not wanting to tell you how to do things, but why wait until Jan when you know you can fill up before then? I try to keep my booking calendar at least open for a year from this month. If I know I have repeats who always take a particular room on the same weekend, I pencil them in. Then their room is ready for next year when they check out this year. If they can't make it next year, I still have a year to fill that spot.
(Of course I just looked and I'm behind schedule... I will take phone calls for next year, give them this year's rate and pop them in even tho they can't make the rez themselves. Because I'm behind schedule!)
We usually don't get requests for that far in advance, except for our regulars. And we ensure that they get their specific date & room. Now, if someone booked through our website for that far in advance, we wouldn't reject it. I guess maybe I spoke wrong. I don't turn away a reservation (for anything really), we just never get requests that far away.
i wouldn't be sure - im taking bookings for July 2014 - mind you we have the Tour De France!!!! woo hoo coming through our town twice!

K9 said:
So you do have prices set up in your online booking out to next year? That's all I meant. To not be sitting here in March with a calendar that only goes to Dec. When you could have guests looking and seeing nothing open and wondering if you're closed.
Says me who still hasn't updated for Feb next year.

K9 said:
K9 said:
My experience, is, unless it is an annual event, anyone booking more than a year in advance cancels. Changes plans, etc. And they may do so within your policies...
I won't allow that far in advance. In fact, many events are not posted til the day of the event for th enext year, and then you may want a 2 night min or higher rates, and someone jumps in and books it (yeah, that experience thing again). So i only allow 11 months ahead.
Our very first booking was an entire weekend booked for a local wedding, and none of them ended up staying with us and it was graduation weekend, The prev owners had a 48 hour cancelation policy, we LOST EVERY BOOKING (they all chose a hotel to be together with the kids etc packed into the rooms), and MADE ZERO MONEY! We had to honor those rez since they were already existing. We have a 7 day cancel policy. They didn't. DORKS!

Latest posts

Back