Do you have a motto? Do you have a logo?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use the motto, "Escape to Sanctuary"
Escape... to unspoiled beaches,
Escape... to crystal clear waters,
Escape... to where dolphins play,
Escape... to picture perfect sunsets,
Escape... to Sanctuary, where it’s all about YOU!
*Every detail, menu, etc. is planned around our guests' preference that we learn in advance of their arrival; hence the phrase, "where it's all about YOU!"

We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos..
JeannineIrish said:
We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos.
I will tell you that I've always wanted to come stay with you because your motto is so warm & welcoming! This is not just something I'm saying, it's the actual truth!
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos.
I will tell you that I've always wanted to come stay with you because your motto is so warm & welcoming! This is not just something I'm saying, it's the actual truth!
What a nice thing to say. You just made my day. We'd love to have you come and stay with us some day.
cheers.gif
And for friends the beer is always cold.
JeannineIrish said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
What a nice thing to say. You just made my day. We'd love to have you come and stay with us some day.
cheers.gif
Thanks! I would love to get up there again. We were actually up there this year during the college move out weekend. It was funny walking around in the dark seeing everyone dumpster dive. Those kids throw anything out when they go back home, don't they??! We had a change of plans and looked on the map to decided where to drive to for the night and we choose your city. We ended up at the Hampton Inn and later when we got home I realized that we were in your town.....I was so dissapointed that we didn't at the very least look you up to say hi, much less to see if you had a room for the night
cry_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
cheers.gif
Thanks! I would love to get up there again. We were actually up there this year during the college move out weekend. It was funny walking around in the dark seeing everyone dumpster dive. Those kids throw anything out when they go back home, don't they??! We had a change of plans and looked on the map to decided where to drive to for the night and we choose your city. We ended up at the Hampton Inn and later when we got home I realized that we were in your town.....I was so dissapointed that we didn't at the very least look you up to say hi, much less to see if you had a room for the night
cry_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
. E-mail me off-line and we can chat.

Our logo is our name over a nest of eggs. The nest of eggs is our mark. Our name has the spanish word for nest or abode in it. Motto - for a good time call...
No really, it is - "comfortable, relaxing and laid back".

gosh i don't remember my slogan !! let me think .... it was some variation on one of the area's 'real maine' things. oh well, the new folks discarded it anyway.

If you do have a logo and a motto, make sure you put it on the blog and on your website, because that is pretty much where people are looking for you. If that Motto personifies your business then make sure it the first thing they see. For most Inn's I would think that the Logo would say it all.
Another tip for your website copy, put in key words that people would search for when looking for an Inn , Bed and Breakfast, or vacation spot. Search engine hunt these words and if they are in your web copy it will increase you chances of people finding you.

I've crafted my logoes for free at logmaker . com.
The html version is free, and the print version is available for a nominal fee.

gosh i don't remember my slogan !! let me think .... it was some variation on one of the area's 'real maine' things. oh well, the new folks discarded it anyway..
Did you see they say they offer harborside dining now??? Where did they find someone to do that??? Hmmm. I am not impressed with the current site. Oh well I am sure you are glad to be done with it.

gosh i don't remember my slogan !! let me think .... it was some variation on one of the area's 'real maine' things. oh well, the new folks discarded it anyway..
Did you see they say they offer harborside dining now??? Where did they find someone to do that??? Hmmm. I am not impressed with the current site. Oh well I am sure you are glad to be done with it.
catlady said:
yes. they have a 'night watchman' (their title) ... a woman who sleeps there in exchange for being available if a guest needs anything in the night. then someone comes in to do breakfast. then chambermaids clean. then the 'innkeeper' comes in to do check-ins and any dinners and leaves by 8 pm. an inn manager and two innkeepers were hired and quit and they are on their third innkeeper.
they got their liquor license to sell drinks. i don't know if they got a restaurant license and if they got a hotel license ... which has a much stricter set of rules and is required for 9 rooms or more since they now advertise 9 rooms ... i had the b&b license for 8 guestrooms and was told by the state i needed a separate kitchen to serve dinners which i wanted to do. so i don't know how any of this has been made possible or if they are not worrying about licensing. i am really out of the loop.
it's much more like an inn with staff now than a little b&b. there was no money to do more remodeling and never enough to hire more staff when i was there, and a prime motivator for selling was that it was not making enough money beyond being self-supporting and paying the owner a small amount each month. maybe the owner was able to sell some other real estate to fund it.
actually, i miss it ... but i try not to think about it.

catlady said:
yes. they have a 'night watchman' (their title) ... a woman who sleeps there in exchange for being available if a guest needs anything in the night. then someone comes in to do breakfast. then chambermaids clean. then the 'innkeeper' comes in to do check-ins and any dinners and leaves by 8 pm. an inn manager and two innkeepers were hired and quit and they are on their third innkeeper.
they got their liquor license to sell drinks. i don't know if they got a restaurant license and if they got a hotel license ... which has a much stricter set of rules and is required for 9 rooms or more since they now advertise 9 rooms ... i had the b&b license for 8 guestrooms and was told by the state i needed a separate kitchen to serve dinners which i wanted to do. so i don't know how any of this has been made possible or if they are not worrying about licensing. i am really out of the loop.
it's much more like an inn with staff now than a little b&b. there was no money to do more remodeling and never enough to hire more staff when i was there, and a prime motivator for selling was that it was not making enough money beyond being self-supporting and paying the owner a small amount each month. maybe the owner was able to sell some other real estate to fund it.
OH, sorry I brought it up.:-(

catlady said:
catlady said:
not a problem.

Back