Quantcast

Does anyone here use the 'Dispenser' line of shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers in their bathrooms?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Now don't laugh, but I have the system that uses the key to open the dispenser...and they key is stuck in the lock. Has been for 3 days now. The company was not able to help me. Any ideas? I already tried WD 40 without luck.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
So what brand is it? Could it be stopped up with soap? Can't see where WD 40 would help. If I could see a pic of it, I could ask my handyman husband:)

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
So what brand is it? Could it be stopped up with soap? Can't see where WD 40 would help. If I could see a pic of it, I could ask my handyman husband:).
Here is the website. Its the model with the key hole in the front.
http://www.dispenser-amenities.com/products.html

EmptyNest

Reaction score
So what brand is it? Could it be stopped up with soap? Can't see where WD 40 would help. If I could see a pic of it, I could ask my handyman husband:).
Here is the website. Its the model with the key hole in the front.
http://www.dispenser-amenities.com/products.html
The Classic looks like it has a little key hole at the bottom. It is lodged in the hole??? Yeah don't think WD 40 would do anything for this. Have you tried using a little pick...to see if it will move it any? Wonder if the key got bent inside. sorry we don't have any ideas on this one.

Innkeeper To Go

Reaction score
If the key is really stuck in there, you probably need to remove the entire dispenser. If you originally installed it with silicone, that's fairly easy. Just slide a knife behind the dispenser to cut through the silicone and take the whole thing down.