Don't go away mad ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should go in under the forum topic, "Why we need signs".
Some Suggestions to discourage tours:
1. Out of respect for our guests, go away.
2. Tours of the facilty between 2:00 P.M. and 2:05 PM
3. Bio-hazard. Do not enter.
4. My pitbull will be happy to give you the express tour.
5. Innkeeper has PMS and a gun.
wink_smile.gif
ProudTexan said:
wink_smile.gif
Biggest laugh I've had for a long time !!!!! I would add 1/2 - "our of respect for my sanity and your safety - GO AWAY"

wink_smile.gif
you never know if it's a check-in (folks who have driven hundreds of miles to get here, bless 'em) and they don't know what to do with themselves til check-in. sometimes, they just want to tell me they are here, can they leave their car in the lot while they go on the ferry tour. and, of course, i want to tell them yes.
sometimes, another place has SENT them here and i sure don't want to give them the 'bum's rush' even if they are way too early to check in.
ah well ... can't win them all.
SS, I understand exactly what you are saying. We who do not have a backup to fall on MUST do everything we can do to be gracious and get occupancy. If I did not finally start getting my Social Security, I would NEVER have turned away that 11:30pm call. I would have busted butt to get the place ready in 15 minutes! Even with this month being unusually dead, I have a comfy feeling because I know I have my honking loan payment in the family account - just have to write a check to transfer funds. Last year I was desparate.
We all draw on our own circumstances and ways of doing things in our responses but know enough about each other to realize why some of us do things others would not dream of doing for guests.
SS, you deserve a Platinum Medal - Gold ain't good enough. Your partner has to be the densest person in the world to not realize what you have accomplished and what you do every day. All I can say is Blessings upon you.

wink_smile.gif
you never know if it's a check-in (folks who have driven hundreds of miles to get here, bless 'em) and they don't know what to do with themselves til check-in. sometimes, they just want to tell me they are here, can they leave their car in the lot while they go on the ferry tour. and, of course, i want to tell them yes.
sometimes, another place has SENT them here and i sure don't want to give them the 'bum's rush' even if they are way too early to check in.
SS, I understand exactly what you are saying. We who do not have a backup to fall on MUST do everything we can do to be gracious and get occupancy. If I did not finally start getting my Social Security, I would NEVER have turned away that 11:30pm call. I would have busted butt to get the place ready in 15 minutes! Even with this month being unusually dead, I have a comfy feeling because I know I have my honking loan payment in the family account - just have to write a check to transfer funds. Last year I was desparate.
We all draw on our own circumstances and ways of doing things in our responses but know enough about each other to realize why some of us do things others would not dream of doing for guests.
SS, you deserve a Platinum Medal - Gold ain't good enough. Your partner has to be the densest person in the world to not realize what you have accomplished and what you do every day. All I can say is Blessings upon you.
I agree, but to her parnter the bottom line is money in the bank ...Which I know is important to you as well, but you at least you are dealing with it as an innkeeper and not as a partner who really doesn't care about the guest's needs.
I hope I said this to reflect positively on you:) which is what I meant to say:)

wink_smile.gif
I agree, but to her parnter the bottom line is money in the bank ...Which I know is important to you as well, but you at least you are dealing with it as an innkeeper and not as a partner who really doesn't care about the guest's needs.
I hope I said this to reflect positively on you:) which is what I meant to say:)
Not to worry. First off, did not take it as a slam and secondly I have had my nose pushed in so many times I have to reach in and pull it out to blow it.

wink_smile.gif
Not to worry. First off, did not take it as a slam and secondly I have had my nose pushed in so many times I have to reach in and pull it out to blow it.
gillumhouse said:
Pugsy is your new name.
wink_smile.gif

When you first posted this, I thought the other shoe would drop at the beginning of your post and say, ".....just go away!". Hahahahaha!
See how we all backed you up that you did the right thing by sending these Nosy Parkers on their way? Good riddance!

When you first posted this, I thought the other shoe would drop at the beginning of your post and say, ".....just go away!". Hahahahaha!
See how we all backed you up that you did the right thing by sending these Nosy Parkers on their way? Good riddance!.
yup, that was the rest of the line ....
regular_smile.gif

i figured you'd all know what i meant!

Back