Downstairs Restroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about posting a sign stating what hours the restroom is available and lock it during off hours?
The sign could say "Pool area Restroom, open 11am to 7pm". or whatever the hours...that would solve the problem around breakfast time..
Just more signs they won't read...we already know that
cry_smile.gif
I say keep the door locked except during the pool hours...and then you take what you get.
Seashanty, I LOVE it! It fits in with my sense of humor, and what I try to portray to the guests also. I'm going to be on the search for one! HA! Love it...

maybe i can loan you my car buddy ... half person with shades and cap who rides shotgun with me when i drive alone for distances. (no, i never try to use the car pool lane) he has no legs but can sit quite nicely on the closed toilet seat.
i resorted to this when i had people marching into my little bathroom not during check-in times or breakfast but during odd times for various reasons ...
i had an 'out of service' sign hanging which they ignored.
but one look at 'the man' sitting on the throne in the dark bathroom and i'd hear shrieks or gasps and the slamming of the bathroom door, my little wooden sign would clatter to the floor, footsteps rushing to the stairs, sounds of scurrying to their own guest room with private bath ... i didn't have to see anything to know what had happened..
That's hysterical!!!! Thanks for the belly laugh!

What about posting a sign stating what hours the restroom is available and lock it during off hours?
The sign could say "Pool area Restroom, open 11am to 7pm". or whatever the hours...that would solve the problem around breakfast time..
Just more signs they won't read...we already know that
cry_smile.gif
I say keep the door locked except during the pool hours...and then you take what you get.
Seashanty, I LOVE it! It fits in with my sense of humor, and what I try to portray to the guests also. I'm going to be on the search for one! HA! Love it...
Yeah I did a search on line immediately..but couldn't find what SS was referring too...all I found was mannequin type things and thing I won't point you to
embaressed_smile.gif

No....I saw those...I think she actually has the body..why bother with that???

maybe i can loan you my car buddy ... half person with shades and cap who rides shotgun with me when i drive alone for distances. (no, i never try to use the car pool lane) he has no legs but can sit quite nicely on the closed toilet seat.
i resorted to this when i had people marching into my little bathroom not during check-in times or breakfast but during odd times for various reasons ...
i had an 'out of service' sign hanging which they ignored.
but one look at 'the man' sitting on the throne in the dark bathroom and i'd hear shrieks or gasps and the slamming of the bathroom door, my little wooden sign would clatter to the floor, footsteps rushing to the stairs, sounds of scurrying to their own guest room with private bath ... i didn't have to see anything to know what had happened..
I love it! Thanks for the mental picture and the laugh!
tounge_smile.gif

Perfect answer! Now all you need is a whoopie cushion to make noise when they open the door.

Back