Early arrivals, late arrivals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am up cleaning a room and lo and behold what do I find in a corner of the room, dark wood floor, up against the baseboards, but a kibble.
Yes, I said a kibble! A small on at that.
We have discussed this wondering if people arrive late and then SKIP OUT ON BREAKFAST (like we had this morning, oddly enough) - they did leave a note "We had to hit the road early..." and then I find a kibble. !.
Even tho we have a pet-friendly room some people don't want that room, they don't want to pay for the dog or that room isn't open. We have found dog prints on the bathroom floor so we know they sneaked the pocket pet in in a handbag. Or late at night.
Madeleine said:
Even tho we have a pet-friendly room some people don't want that room, they don't want to pay for the dog or that room isn't open. We have found dog prints on the bathroom floor so we know they sneaked the pocket pet in in a handbag. Or late at night.
That is pretty funny really, when you consider the size of some guests bags! I often joke when they check in that I hope there is not a body in them (the duffle bags especially).
I have a d-i-l who kept a flying squirrel as a pocket pet.

So I am up cleaning a room and lo and behold what do I find in a corner of the room, dark wood floor, up against the baseboards, but a kibble.
Yes, I said a kibble! A small on at that.
We have discussed this wondering if people arrive late and then SKIP OUT ON BREAKFAST (like we had this morning, oddly enough) - they did leave a note "We had to hit the road early..." and then I find a kibble. !.
Madeleine said:
These pocket poohees can do lots of damage when left unattended. We are not pet friendly and someone slipped one in without our knowledge then left to party in town most of the night. The dog whinned and yelped and sratched. When they came back in the AM I told them we had heard the dog in the room and they would have to leave (first night of a 2 night stay). I did not give them a refund and they did not ask. And they were
potty-mouth.gif
lucky we did not send them a bill for the carpet that was ripped and ravelling and the groves in the door. I did not see any place that it soiled but the carpet had to be repaired and cleaned before the next guest arrived.

We have a guest coming tomorrow who has been told for the last month that check-in is at 2pm. We receive an email from him a few days ago saying he'll be at the house by 6am... ummmm.... no.... we are at full capacity and cannot accommodate such a request this time... especially when I told him repeatedly it's 2pm... I am sure he will be at the house by 1:58pm...

Back