EGGLESS breakfast

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
I have a couple here for two days. NO EGGS! This morning I made a lovely baked apple oatmeal. Fruit and breakfast meats are obviously not a problem. I've got 3 other couples, so 8 total. I hate to segregate or single out anyone if I can otherwise avoid it. Any suggestions for something that everyone can eat for an entree that doesn't require eggs?

Madeleine

Reaction score
No eggs at all or just not looking like eggs? Lots of people eat them if they can't see them, that opens up more possibilities.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Breakfast burritos. For those that won't eat eggs, just leave it out.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I heard a comedian talking about eggs and why you don't see chicken at breakfast (although you could do those chicken and waffles I have seen in the south!) He said that if we did eat chicken it would be like eliminating a whole species, eating them AND their eggs.
cluck cluck cluck

Generic

Reaction score
Bagels, lox and cream cheese. Add some capers, some tomato, some onion and a wedge of lemon and you can put The Ritz-Carleton on your dishes and charge $25 for breakfast.

Mini

Reaction score
grilled bacon, tomato and chesse sandwich

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
potato pancakes with smoked salmon and wasabi sour cream.
I kind of put the salmon into a rose(ish) / cup shape on top of the pancake and then for people that are eating eggs, soft boil an egg, peel it (much easier than it sounds) and put it in the center of the salmon so that when they break it open the yolk makes a nice gooey sauce (I'll make sure people like runny yolks first)

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agoodman

Reaction score
Lots of people don't eat smoked salmon (I love it)
You can do eggless crepes with a cream cheese/sour cream/lemon zest filling
And a really pretty fruit plate with greek yoghurt and honey in the center always goes down well with most egg less people

Samster

Reaction score
Pretty much any vegan recipe will work for those folks, except you don't have to worry about the butter/margarine.