Emails are going, going....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
Last two Exp**a reservations came through MyAllocator without email addresses.
The first one I didn't notice because she sent me a separate email asking me a million questions (why didn't she just book on my site!) which I replied to. her sister, who did book through me, mentioned that her sister never received her initial confirmation which led me to look at the reservation more carefully. No email!
So, just got another one and lo and behold, no email. Went on the Ex**a site and emailed the guest using the system they have. Pain in the arse.
Called Customer Service and was told they were phasing this feature out but she would forward my request to marketing who would decide whether or not they would continue to relay that guest info to me. I guess they figure I try to strong arm my guests into cancelling with them and rebooking directly through me. My automated confirmation gives guests important information regarding their stay but now I have to use Ex**a as a go between. Now th questions is, will the guest open this email or just think it's Ex**a with their own stuff?

we use the extra system with B@@K and EX@@PE as I don't mind it and means the paper trail is always attached to the guests booking - we havnt' had ex emails for about 5 years and B has moved to the ext extra system a while back.

Had it happened. Told them the emails were part of our contract... so I assume those reservations aren't binding. It's amazing how quickly they fixed it.

Had it happened. Told them the emails were part of our contract... so I assume those reservations aren't binding. It's amazing how quickly they fixed it..
Generic said:
Had it happened. Told them the emails were part of our contract... so I assume those reservations aren't binding. It's amazing how quickly they fixed it.
Havent had this problem yet but im so going to use that!

Back