Eye Masks?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaE29

Reaction score
Am wondering if any of you offer these, bedside? I would like for my rooms to be darker for people that sleep in or like their afternoon nap, but I don't want to mess with changing out my blinds for shades, and getting heavier drapery. I'm thinking of a nice note attached that specifies the mask has been sanitized, but am not sure how to word it without using the word sanitized (I just don't like that word).

So...is this a good idea? Would you use one if traveling? I'm not sure I would, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. And then...how do I word the note? Should I also put it inside a small, seal-able plastic bag? Would that make someone feel better about using it after someone else?

Wow. These things are really cheap to buy wholesale. I may just make it a room amenity. These come already packaged, so it would be obvious if someone used it and left it behind.

I always bring them home with me from my redeye flights. I know the hotels in town near the RR have them, not that an eye mask helps with the train noise!
It's a great idea.

I can't sleep with them on, and I have some 'deluxe' models. I've tried because light - even a tiny bit - keeps me awake.
I had some and offered them to guests - I didn't get many takers, but you might.

Joey Bloggs said:
Well, that took care of that! Haha :) I thought maybe I was just weird, and others would use them.
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Well, that took care of that! Haha :) I thought maybe I was just weird, and others would use them.
No.
(see life is simple with my answers, haha)
Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
We should make this the new protocol:
Yes. No.
So much easier.

Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Yes. No.
So much easier.
yes let's put the forum on twitter

Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Yes. No.
So much easier.
happykeeper said:
No.

Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
No.
Yes. No.
So much easier.
happykeeper said:
No.
okay you made me chuckle

Back in the days when I used to do trade shows, eye masks were a great tchotchke. We'd usually put our name and "Enjoy the most relaxing weekend of your life" or something similar. Got several guests who said after a month of using them in their home, curiosity made them book a vacation with us.

Back in the days when I used to do trade shows, eye masks were a great tchotchke. We'd usually put our name and "Enjoy the most relaxing weekend of your life" or something similar. Got several guests who said after a month of using them in their home, curiosity made them book a vacation with us..
PhineasSwann said:
Back in the days when I used to do trade shows, eye masks were a great tchotchke. We'd usually put our name and "Enjoy the most relaxing weekend of your life" or something similar. Got several guests who said after a month of using them in their home, curiosity made them book a vacation with us.
Yes
(and to be more wordy - giving them away is what you would do, not sanitize)

Yes, I had them at the bedside and they were individually wrapped. Also, had ear plugs. Found them at one of the many dollar stores here. One use - were tossed if opened and not taken by the guest.

Back