Fabulous Guests, Fabulous Left Behinds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
We just had the nicest group here on a whole house rental for a wedding. (Mother of Bride (MOB) and newly-destitute Father of Bride (FOB), MOB's three sisters, one husband, one adult daughter.)
As a group they were great... enjoyed gathering on our screened-in patio (where the two smokers could smoke), loved our breakfasts, insisted on me not going to any extra trouble, actually enjoyed the fact that the kitchen was trashed as I baked and baked and baked for the Fair. (The house smelled great!)
Then they went to the rehearsal, wedding, and reception and told everyone there how awesome we are and to send any out-of-town guests they have to us. I know they did, because the groom's stepmom called my sister today and told her so. (Did I mention we live in a small town?)
Then MOB and FOB stayed two extra nights because there wasn't any rush to get back to Galveston. (We gave them a fabulous "refugee rate.")
Then they left a cooler of drinks for us (including some yummy raspberry rum!).
Then they gave each of my boys $5 on their way out the door, as well as a very nice tip for us in the room.
And their daughter married a local boy and will be living here.... so we have made our start on building our repeat business.
Ahhhh... The nice guests erase the memories of the pitas!
=)
Kk.

That's a great story! Raspberry Rum .... well that's even fun to say. ;) I think I hear the sound of a pitcher of fresh lemonade beckonning for it.
wink_smile.gif

That's a great story! Raspberry Rum .... well that's even fun to say. ;) I think I hear the sound of a pitcher of fresh lemonade beckonning for it.
wink_smile.gif
swirt said:
wink_smile.gif
Well... not as fresh and lovely sounding, but it tasted great in our standard beverage that we live on here... red juice. That is, Diet Cherry Flavor Generic Crystal Lite from Wal-Mart. We go through about a gallon a day, and simply call it "red" as in "Would you like some more red?" The Raspberry Rum went quite well with it! (And I'm getting sleepy from just a teeny bit...)
=)
Kk.

Nice story and good to know you have some nice repeats coming back. And they did what they could to advertise for you too!
wink_smile.gif

I am sure they were grateful for everything you did to ease the thoughts of home for them.

Nice story and good to know you have some nice repeats coming back. And they did what they could to advertise for you too!
wink_smile.gif

I am sure they were grateful for everything you did to ease the thoughts of home for them..
Thanks! I think that's one of the things they liked... they felt very comfortable, very much at "home." (Which is great, since that's the atmosphere we're aiming for.)
I've been kind of out of the loop lately... how did you fare with Ike? We got brushed with the remants and that was plenty!!!
=)
Kk.

wink_smile.gif

I am sure they were grateful for everything you did to ease the thoughts of home for them..
Thanks! I think that's one of the things they liked... they felt very comfortable, very much at "home." (Which is great, since that's the atmosphere we're aiming for.)
I've been kind of out of the loop lately... how did you fare with Ike? We got brushed with the remants and that was plenty!!!
=)
Kk.
Congrats on having some great guests! May there be many, many more!

Very nice. Makes you feel all the extras and special touches were worth it when someone appreciates your place.

Congrats on doing what you love to do... innkeep! Having that feedback from the guests and from their family members is proof of a job well done!

these are the memories that help you through the lumpy parts. i hope you have lots of guests like these!

these are the memories that help you through the lumpy parts. i hope you have lots of guests like these!.
seashanty said:
these are the memories that help you through the lumpy parts. i hope you have lots of guests like these!
The 'lumpy parts'. Perfect.
Congrats kk! Good job!

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
I wondered how you did through that storm. I was reading my old newspaper on line and things were a mess in Madison County. But I hear the Farm Science Review still planned to go on yesterday.
Is there a way to add an attachment in these posts??? I have really cute item on COlumbus you would like. Maybe I will just email it to you.

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
I wondered how you did through that storm. I was reading my old newspaper on line and things were a mess in Madison County. But I hear the Farm Science Review still planned to go on yesterday.
Is there a way to add an attachment in these posts??? I have really cute item on COlumbus you would like. Maybe I will just email it to you.
I got your email... thanks!
Some of them apply (esp. about going to Cedar Point, and Lake Erie). But as I grew up on a tiny farm far from Columbus, many did not. I enjoyed reading it, though!
=)
Kk.

wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
Is there a way to add an attachment in these posts???
Not yet. Not an easy method anyway. You can add attachments to the original post, just not to comments. Well there is a way to upload them to your filebrowser and then create a link to the file, but it is not obvious.

Congtats on great guests. Nice that they tipped "the staff". Good education for them, that work pays off.

Back