Facebook help a sistuh out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this JB. I think I am not afraid to say I don't have a clue how this is done, I only started doing comments and likes to comments when a friend said....UMMM you know....NO, I didn't!
embaressed_smile.gif
Talk about socially awkward!.
If you "Like" her page from your business page, you will start seeing her posts in your feed. Then, just hit the Share button under it and it will now show up in your feed for your audience to see. Once, JB follows your page, she'll start sharing your posts for her audience to view.
And also watch out for the Sort setting on your feed. You will see it right under the Status box when you are looking at your Feed (not on your homepage). I think it reverts to "Top Stories" which will only give you a limited number of posts. But, if you click on it to change it to "Most Recent" you should get everything in chronological order.
OK, bear with me please. So if we all "Like" each other here, then won't all of everybodys posts start showing up on our feeds? Are we supposed to share it all? Won't that be a little mushroom cloud like? My little pea brain is spinning...
white pine said:
OK, bear with me please. So if we all "Like" each other here, then won't all of everybodys posts start showing up on our feeds? Are we supposed to share it all? Won't that be a little mushroom cloud like? My little pea brain is spinning...
LIKE will only like, a drop down will fall below when you click LIKE to say SHOW IN NEWS FEED, it won't do this automatically.
If I am shown in your news feed, then you can comment right there and SHARE from there. If you don't show in news feed you will never see my posts, but CAN go to my page and comment etc.
If you hate the stuff I post, by all means, UNCLICK show in news feed. Some innkeepers post the most boring stuff, saying "Having souffle today, ain't this fun" etc etc is NOT what I want to follow. Now if that same innkeeper shared an IMAGE of the souffle, I would then SHARE THAT. Not just with my followers but Innteractiveinns FB page as well.
If you are prone to sharing cartoons and "crap" then I won't follow you. Or political diatribes. If you want to make a statement abotu something, you may lose followers. Up to you what you share of course, you business, you page.
:) Don't be bullied into not sharing you personality and who you are!

Ours is simple, http://www.facebook.com/harborfields
I have liked a couple of FB pages of Inns here from my personal profile, but by no means all of you (yet), and I enjoy seeing what you all are doing with the medium.
I will say that it is (usually? often?) possible to "share" stuff that you find in your own personal newsfeed with your business page. When you click "share" you are presented with an opportunity to add your own caption/thoughts and there is a pull-down menu "Share with..."
I will also point out that one page "liking" another page does not add to the liked page's count of likes -- the count of likes only includes actual people (well, FB profiles of people) who have liked the page.....
I liked your page, then clicked on the "BOOK NOW" (I like this logo!) but it took me to a page that said "Reservation Application not added". Just wondering if you knew about that?!
No, didn't know about that -- thanks for the heads up. That used to be an RK logo for ReservationKey; the "Book Now" is a new one on me! Not sure why it is not working.... will have to investigate!
EDIT- John has made changes to the ResKey FB apps (notice was posted through the RK message system). I have re-loaded and all is working as it should now.

I have liked a couple of FB pages of Inns here from my personal profile, but by no means all of you (yet), and I enjoy seeing what you all are doing with the medium.
I will say that it is (usually? often?) possible to "share" stuff that you find in your own personal newsfeed with your business page. When you click "share" you are presented with an opportunity to add your own caption/thoughts and there is a pull-down menu "Share with..."
I will also point out that one page "liking" another page does not add to the liked page's count of likes -- the count of likes only includes actual people (well, FB profiles of people) who have liked the page.....
I liked your page, then clicked on the "BOOK NOW" (I like this logo!) but it took me to a page that said "Reservation Application not added". Just wondering if you knew about that?!
No, didn't know about that -- thanks for the heads up. That used to be an RK logo for ReservationKey; the "Book Now" is a new one on me! Not sure why it is not working.... will have to investigate!
EDIT- John has made changes to the ResKey FB apps (notice was posted through the RK message system). I have re-loaded and all is working as it should now.
I just checked mine, and I'm getting a server error. I guess I'll have to go re-do mine too.
For anyone else who uses ResKey, better check yours!

Is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error 500 message when trying to go to the ResKey book it now app?

Thanks for posting this JB. I think I am not afraid to say I don't have a clue how this is done, I only started doing comments and likes to comments when a friend said....UMMM you know....NO, I didn't!
embaressed_smile.gif
Talk about socially awkward!.
If you "Like" her page from your business page, you will start seeing her posts in your feed. Then, just hit the Share button under it and it will now show up in your feed for your audience to see. Once, JB follows your page, she'll start sharing your posts for her audience to view.
And also watch out for the Sort setting on your feed. You will see it right under the Status box when you are looking at your Feed (not on your homepage). I think it reverts to "Top Stories" which will only give you a limited number of posts. But, if you click on it to change it to "Most Recent" you should get everything in chronological order.
white pine said:
LIKE will only like, a drop down will fall below when you click LIKE to say SHOW IN NEWS FEED, it won't do this automatically.
If I am shown in your news feed, then you can comment right there and SHARE from there. If you don't show in news feed you will never see my posts, but CAN go to my page and comment etc.
If you hate the stuff I post, by all means, UNCLICK show in news feed. Some innkeepers post the most boring stuff, saying "Having souffle today, ain't this fun" etc etc is NOT what I want to follow. Now if that same innkeeper shared an IMAGE of the souffle, I would then SHARE THAT. Not just with my followers but Innteractiveinns FB page as well.
If you are prone to sharing cartoons and "crap" then I won't follow you. Or political diatribes. If you want to make a statement abotu something, you may lose followers. Up to you what you share of course, you business, you page.
:) Don't be bullied into not sharing you personality and who you are!
Little pea brain getting warm again...swap file full. I REALLY appreciate this thread. I will have to study it. Thanks for all the good info.

Is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error 500 message when trying to go to the ResKey book it now app?.
Breakfast Diva said:
Is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error 500 message when trying to go to the ResKey book it now app?
Oops. did not see app until just now. Went to my web page and it was fine. Not using my iPh one.

Is anyone else getting an Internal Server Error 500 message when trying to go to the ResKey book it now app?.
Breakfast Diva said:
Oops. did not see app until just now. Went to my web page and it was fine. Not using my iPh one.
gillumhouse said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I should have been more specific...the facebook app

Your cottages are delightful.
heart.gif

OK, so you all may know this, but once again it was news to me. After trying to go onto business pages to like some of you, I could not figure out how to do it. Searching help, I found unless you have a personal page, you really can't. So I guess the big decision will be if I feel like coming out of my shell...which right now I don't . So please realize this for those of us who can't "Like" you back....don't take offense!

OK, so you all may know this, but once again it was news to me. After trying to go onto business pages to like some of you, I could not figure out how to do it. Searching help, I found unless you have a personal page, you really can't. So I guess the big decision will be if I feel like coming out of my shell...which right now I don't . So please realize this for those of us who can't "Like" you back....don't take offense!.
You first have to 'use Facebook as your biz name'. If you just GO to your biz page, then no, you can't like anyone as your biz.
Click on the little 'flower' at the far right of the FB page and there should be a drop down with your biz name in it. Click that and then you'll be using FB as your biz and not as yourself.
If you're doing that already and you can't like anything, I don't understand what's going wrong.
You want other businesses to show up on your biz page, not your personal page. (In this instance.) It's more to get YOUR biz name out there with people who are fans of the OTHER biz pages.
If you just click on the left hand panel where it says 'Pages' then you are looking at your page as yourself, NOT 'using FB as your biz page'.
Hope that helps.

OK, so you all may know this, but once again it was news to me. After trying to go onto business pages to like some of you, I could not figure out how to do it. Searching help, I found unless you have a personal page, you really can't. So I guess the big decision will be if I feel like coming out of my shell...which right now I don't . So please realize this for those of us who can't "Like" you back....don't take offense!.
You first have to 'use Facebook as your biz name'. If you just GO to your biz page, then no, you can't like anyone as your biz.
Click on the little 'flower' at the far right of the FB page and there should be a drop down with your biz name in it. Click that and then you'll be using FB as your biz and not as yourself.
If you're doing that already and you can't like anything, I don't understand what's going wrong.
You want other businesses to show up on your biz page, not your personal page. (In this instance.) It's more to get YOUR biz name out there with people who are fans of the OTHER biz pages.
If you just click on the left hand panel where it says 'Pages' then you are looking at your page as yourself, NOT 'using FB as your biz page'.
Hope that helps.
Madeleine said:
Hope that helps.
Previously, White Pine said she didn't have a personal page, that the biz page was set up from husband's personal profile.
White Pine, you would have to 'like' the pages with your husband's name. What Maddy said above is exactly right, but in the drop down, you should see your husband's name and be able to switch back and forth from his personal name and the biz name.

Hope that helps.
I am not on fb, DH has a fb page, and he set up the business page from that. I don't exist. So we added the business email, and that is what I use to log in and post with...see I don't exist. I guess I could click on him as the business, but he doesn't want to get the notifications, so not sure here what to do...hate to switch back and forth. Will keep working on it. (We made the business email the default.)

Hope that helps.
I am not on fb, DH has a fb page, and he set up the business page from that. I don't exist. So we added the business email, and that is what I use to log in and post with...see I don't exist. I guess I could click on him as the business, but he doesn't want to get the notifications, so not sure here what to do...hate to switch back and forth. Will keep working on it. (We made the business email the default.)
white pine said:
You can set it up so there are no notifications, if that helps. Go into his personal settings.
I would actually suggest that you create a personal page for yourself. Heck, nobody checks, so if you want to have a 'nom de plume' just make it up. Then you can make yourself the admin for the business page and DH doesn't have to deal with it at all.

Hope that helps.
You can do the same thing as what I said. Log in using whatever name you chose to use. THEN, in THAT account, click the link on the little flower drop down. You will be using FB as the inn, not as you or him. If the inn email is the default, any notifications will go there.
Don't want notifications at all? Turn them off. I don't get any notifications unless someone tags me, personally, in a photo. (I set it up to let me know so I could see what hideous photo someone had taken of me and remove my name!)
It may have something to do with how he set it up if you can't 'like' other businesses. I do know that every once in awhile I hit a biz that I can't like as a biz, only as a person.

Hope that helps.
You can do the same thing as what I said. Log in using whatever name you chose to use. THEN, in THAT account, click the link on the little flower drop down. You will be using FB as the inn, not as you or him. If the inn email is the default, any notifications will go there.
Don't want notifications at all? Turn them off. I don't get any notifications unless someone tags me, personally, in a photo. (I set it up to let me know so I could see what hideous photo someone had taken of me and remove my name!)
It may have something to do with how he set it up if you can't 'like' other businesses. I do know that every once in awhile I hit a biz that I can't like as a biz, only as a person.
Seeing as neither DH or I know anything, the fact that we have a page is a minor miracle. I will try to go in being him and see how far I get. Maybe I will just have to cave. Didn't think about all the hideous photos of me out there...now THERE is something to worry about! THANKS.

Hope that helps.
Seeing as neither DH or I know anything, the fact that we have a page is a minor miracle. I will try to go in being him and see how far I get. Maybe I will just have to cave. Didn't think about all the hideous photos of me out there...now THERE is something to worry about! THANKS.
Don't cave, just make up a name so you can have admin authority on the inn acct. You don't have to get involved. You don't have to have weird guys from HS trying to be your friend. ;-)
Once you have admin, you go on as your fake self and do the stuff I said before.
(By the way...Analog Girl is taken...)

Hope that helps.
Don't cave, just make up a name so you can have admin authority on the inn acct. You don't have to get involved. You don't have to have weird guys from HS trying to be your friend. ;-)
Once you have admin, you go on as your fake self and do the stuff I said before.
Didn't... cave...became DH, clicked little star, became buz, I think I liked you and JB....quite the adventure for me! Hope it worked!
Maybe KayPro Gal... Thanks again for putting up with me.

Hope that helps.
Didn't... cave...became DH, clicked little star, became buz, I think I liked you and JB....quite the adventure for me! Hope it worked!
Maybe KayPro Gal... Thanks again for putting up with me.
I did a like on everyone on innrewards. I hope I got everyone. Maddie's tip helped me also. Thanks, Maddie. White Pine, if you are not on innrewards, email me through here. I am too dense to remain anon.

Back