Favorite guests this summer?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here ya go everyone, they have checked out after 4 nights and I will miss them.
They were the best guests ever.
Many reasons combined and a few that stand on their own. They loved the coffee, drank two pots every day, loved the breakfast, never left a bite on the plate, they made their bed every day, their room was immaculate. They read on the porch. They walked around town. They picnicked on the parkway, had a couples massage, they were ingrained in this B&B like the woodwork and decor.
So I went up to strip the room and found the room journal - you all say we are never positive, when we are it is personal, so here goes - read to the last line:
"Our main focus was more of a retreat than a "vacation." We only cranked the car once during our entire stay.
It may sound boring and uneventful for most, but for us it was wonderful.
What JB did to make our stay memorable - is greatly appreciated.
There is also a spa not far away, we recommend the couples massage.
I do so hope you'll take the time to sit on the porch, and listen to the birds and crickets...notice the butterflies and lightning bugs...and if you're really attentive you may hear the laughter of a child.".
Joey Bloggs said:
notice the butterflies and lightning bugs...and if you're really attentive you may hear the laughter of a child."
...and there start the waterworks. Way to go, JB!
thumbs_up.gif

My favorite guests I mentioned from their midweek stay are still a legend in my mind. They weren't over the top in any means, they weren't even very personal or anything, they just "were" and that seems to be something I really like. I like laid back, just "are" guests. It rained, they loved it, said they sat on the porch and listened to the rain on the metal roof with their glasses of wine and books.
Another couple here on a dinner cruise last night that someone else gave them as a gift, I asked her how it was and her reply was "Well you would want to do it twice."
Lord help us all from the negative people.
I inquired of course, as to why?
She told me the litany of reasons why. "It is dark you can't see anything." I asked her "It is a sunset dinner cruise...did you see the sunset?"
"Yeah I suppose so just as we left the dock for a while.".
Friday as I was leaving the workshop dinner to come home, my City Manager & her husband were sitting on the patio of the Conference Center staring at the hills and sunset. He asked if I had ever seen anything as beautiful. He pulled up a chair for me and for our Office Supervisor and the 4 of us just sat stariing at the beauty of our West Virginia hills as we could see at least 4 ridges and the sunset with Mars shining brightly overhead. Mars will not be this close again for 200 years (brightest on Aug 27).

Gar field the Cat's creator lives here. He is collaborating with several companies on a cartoon series, movies, etc. The animators are from Paris and have been here several times. Yesterday I was the first "civilian" to see Gar field in 3-D. He was on a laptop with a pair of glasses hooked to it with a USB cable in his full kitty splendor. I was told that I had cooked the best American breakfast (scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, ham, fresh peaches and french bread from the grocery....). Today shortly after their departure I received a floral arrangement!!!

Gar field the Cat's creator lives here. He is collaborating with several companies on a cartoon series, movies, etc. The animators are from Paris and have been here several times. Yesterday I was the first "civilian" to see Gar field in 3-D. He was on a laptop with a pair of glasses hooked to it with a USB cable in his full kitty splendor. I was told that I had cooked the best American breakfast (scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, ham, fresh peaches and french bread from the grocery....). Today shortly after their departure I received a floral arrangement!!!.
Sweet!

Gar field the Cat's creator lives here. He is collaborating with several companies on a cartoon series, movies, etc. The animators are from Paris and have been here several times. Yesterday I was the first "civilian" to see Gar field in 3-D. He was on a laptop with a pair of glasses hooked to it with a USB cable in his full kitty splendor. I was told that I had cooked the best American breakfast (scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, ham, fresh peaches and french bread from the grocery....). Today shortly after their departure I received a floral arrangement!!!.
Innkeep said:
Gar field the Cat's creator lives here. He is collaborating with several companies on a cartoon series, movies, etc. The animators are from Paris and have been here several times. Yesterday I was the first "civilian" to see Gar field in 3-D. He was on a laptop with a pair of glasses hooked to it with a USB cable in his full kitty splendor. I was told that I had cooked the best American breakfast (scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, ham, fresh peaches and french bread from the grocery....). Today shortly after their departure I received a floral arrangement!!!
YOU ROCK!
Of course you already know that, but being told in flowers is especially nice, plus the preview!!

That is really NICE! You deserve it!
cheers.gif

That is wonderful!!! You ARE a wonderful innkeeper.

As I blogged, the current guests are always the favorite until the new guests roll in.
Not knowing in advance it was a birthday for one guest of the two couples traveling together here last night, I saw it written on the black board in the dining room with her name. ONE CANDLE in caramel apple french toast earned me 2 x $20’s on the table. $40. :)

As I blogged, the current guests are always the favorite until the new guests roll in.
Not knowing in advance it was a birthday for one guest of the two couples traveling together here last night, I saw it written on the black board in the dining room with her name. ONE CANDLE in caramel apple french toast earned me 2 x $20’s on the table. $40. :).
Joey Bloggs said:
Not knowing in advance it was a birthday for one guest of the two couples traveling together here last night, I saw it written on the black board in the dining room with her name. [COLOR= rgb(31, 73, 125)]ONE CANDLE in caramel apple french toast earned me 2 x $20’s on the table. [/COLOR]$40. :)
[COLOR= rgb(31, 73, 125)][/COLOR]
Holy cow. I've never been tipped for sticking a candle in the french toast, pancakes or anything. Good going!

You never know when it will happen. Since I didn't know in advance I couldn't do anything special in the room. Maybe I need to not do special in the room but special in the dining room more? I remember an inn who had photos of the guest wearing a party hat or something and I was not going to go that far or embarrass a guest.
Oh and btw this was one of those booked under different names reservation.
Two rooms, two male names and they arrived with their women, one woman booked the rooms and used her credit card. So this is why I don't fuss that much over diff names on the booking/cc details. It happens more often than not, unmarried couples or married couples with diff last names, newlyweds with changed names when they arrive...

Not knowing in advance it was a birthday for one guest of the two couples traveling together here last night, I saw it written on the black board in the dining room with her name. ONE CANDLE in caramel apple french toast earned me 2 x $20’s on the table. $40. :).
whattha.gif
Wow $40! That is fantastic! I'm sure that you deserve it for more than the candle in the French toast.
regular_smile.gif

Hey I got a candle in my oatmeal this morning...along side a gold heart necklace with a diamond
embaressed_smile.gif

Hey I got a candle in my oatmeal this morning...along side a gold heart necklace with a diamond
embaressed_smile.gif

cheers.gif

embaressed_smile.gif

Congrats!!!

embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
cheers.gif

Wow! I think I am going to have to rethink the anniversary rose. Have NEVER been tipped for that. It is one of the things I think I am going to revisit. The men like the brownie points but it is not worth a tip big enough to pay for the rose even!
Great quick thinking and you deserve more tips than you will ever get!

I had another $5 in the room. For the maid? That's me. So total was $45 for super easy guests. Those who expect and take and take do not leave a gratuity or a thank you in the book or TA review.
So never tipped for the anniv rose, see that is totally tipworthy. This does require some more thought. I am rethinking it and other things as well.

We have our Russians at the table this morning, a couple from Jersey, Maryland and Virginia. I can’t help but want to call her Natasha, she has the typical short black hair with bangs. Looks like every movie actress playing a Russian Spy I have ever seen. They are very nice. Good for them to enjoy a B&B and meet other Americans and see the real America.
I had to laugh (read his comment with a Boris accent) as he described coming from CA where he said it was very pretty scenery, but here they like to see all the “villages.”

Back