Fireflies and flowers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can smell the lavendar from hre. I think I mentioned how I picked some outside a museum in Roanoke one day when it was cold and put it in my jacket pocket, well it was great! I pulled my jacket out and it smelled lovely.
Lavendar is a natural antibacterial/antifungal as well. I will never forget the lavendar lemonade I had in Sequim WA (The lavendar capital).
Thanks for sharing your pics everyone...keep em comin'!.
Here's a site that I really like...like you say..you can smell the lavender. I didn't realize Sequim was lavender capital.
catlady said:
Here's a site that I really like...like you say..you can smell the lavender. I didn't realize Sequim was lavender capital.
That is where I picked my own lavandar and had the lavendar lemonade!
teeth_smile.gif
That is the brand I use as well. SKWIM for those not knowing what it is or where it is.
The lighthouse on the dungeness spit is in the MIDDLE of the spit - it used to be at the end and the currents being so harsh - two high tides two low tides in the area daily (this is not Puget Sound it is just NE of it), increased the length of the Spit. The most beautiful round rocks were all over that beach.
Here is some more trivia on it.
Does lavender need full sun? I'm actually thinking of putting in fruit bushes this year. I've been watching the lawn to see where the most sun is and I think I have a spot that isn't along the road. I spent a couple of hours at a friend's house and she is always planting something new. I've got the bug!

I can smell the lavendar from hre. I think I mentioned how I picked some outside a museum in Roanoke one day when it was cold and put it in my jacket pocket, well it was great! I pulled my jacket out and it smelled lovely.
Lavendar is a natural antibacterial/antifungal as well. I will never forget the lavendar lemonade I had in Sequim WA (The lavendar capital).
Thanks for sharing your pics everyone...keep em comin'!.
catlady said:
That is where I picked my own lavandar and had the lavendar lemonade!
teeth_smile.gif
That is the brand I use as well. SKWIM for those not knowing what it is or where it is.
The lighthouse on the dungeness spit is in the MIDDLE of the spit - it used to be at the end and the currents being so harsh - two high tides two low tides in the area daily (this is not Puget Sound it is just NE of it), increased the length of the Spit. The most beautiful round rocks were all over that beach.
Here is some more trivia on it.
Does lavender need full sun? I'm actually thinking of putting in fruit bushes this year. I've been watching the lawn to see where the most sun is and I think I have a spot that isn't along the road. I spent a couple of hours at a friend's house and she is always planting something new. I've got the bug!
Bree said:
Does lavender need full sun? I'm actually thinking of putting in fruit bushes this year.
Yes, it does and it is also sensitive to drought conditions. I lost a nice big one after one of those summers. I am thinking about fruit bushes too - everyone says they are easy, and since we have more sun now after losing a huge tree branch, I might go for it.

I tried with the new settings on the camera but i think the sun is just too much right now. Everything is washed out, except this one...
hosta2.JPG
Yep..lighting is critical too. Nice hosta though. Mine are gigantic this year they are taking over the gardens. Here is a shot of the few lilies I have out now and one of my lavendar...hmmm smells so good.
DSCN3750.jpg

DSCN3752.jpg

Ooooh that lavendar looks lovely! I may get Asiatic lilies this year. Cross my fingers and toes. There is some sort of beetle here that loves them. They are bright red (the beetles) and they poop all over the leaves as they munch their way around. It kills them off every year, but they come back. (The lilies come back, then the beetles come back, too.) I checked today, tho, and no beetles.
Bree said:
Ooooh that lavendar looks lovely! I may get Asiatic lilies this year. Cross my fingers and toes. There is some sort of beetle here that loves them. They are bright red (the beetles) and they poop all over the leaves as they munch their way around. It kills them off every year, but they come back. (The lilies come back, then the beetles come back, too.) I checked today, tho, and no beetles.
Bree, we are just beginning to grow Asiatic lilies again. The beetles would destroy them before they even had a chance to flower. They are the only plants in our garden that we spray with insecticide but it does the trick. You have to catch them early and keep checking them. Our lilies were beautiful last year and we're hoping for some beauties this year too. We only have a handful planted but if they continue to do well I'd love to have a whole bed of Asiatic lilies.

Back