First it's bars, then come the tattoo parlors!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beachie, what you will see is that now all the chain restaurants will be beating down the real estate offices eyeing the best commercial spots.

I've been watching a small town near us that was dry drastically change over the last couple of years. Many of the chains have already built or at least have signs on prime real estate saying future site of _____ .
Bars. Bars were already near by ... just across the county line!.
The town has an ordinance prohibiting neon signs. So far, it has kept McD's away.
We have Dunkin Donuts, a Cumberland Farms and a Rite Aid. That's it for chains unless you count Black Dog. Which I guess is a chain, but a cute one.
The McDonald's in Morticia's town is in a traditional-looking white clapboard building, no big golden arches...
OnTheShore said:
The McDonald's in Morticia's town is in a traditional-looking white clapboard building, no big golden arches...
Most photographed McD's in the country. The tables and chairs inside in the dining room are real wood. The parking lot is required to have shrubs around to block it from view. (Which the latest owner ripped out and was forced to replant.) It has a flower garden. Until recently the drive up was not allowed to have a speaker. And they serve lobster rolls in the summer. (Boy, if that doesn't narrow down where I live!)
Please do not mention lobster rolls in the context of McD. Actually, please do not mention lobster rolls at all – it's the one thing I really miss moving away from New England. But today, I am headed into town to buy Dungeness crab, almost as good. Maybe I'll get a hot dog bun and make the PNW equivalent.
Sounds like someone needs to go on an inspiring trip to NE!

Latest posts

Back