Fluffing and Cleaning up After --Overkill?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are overkill on the bathroom cleaning as well, even if you're staying over. I don't change the pillow protectors after each guest. I have them on a schedule with the blankets, quilts, duvet covers & mattress protectors to get washed every 10-14 days.
If you can skip the chemical air cleaners, I would. Only because I hate the smell of Febreeze and other 'air fresheners'. Then again, unless it's winter, I can have the windows open everyday. And I really wouldn't want to put my head down on a pillow that smelled of 'freshener'. Most of those fresheners are asthma attack in a can..
Bree said:
We are overkill on the bathroom cleaning as well, even if you're staying over. I don't change the pillow protectors after each guest. I have them on a schedule with the blankets, quilts, duvet covers & mattress protectors to get washed every 10-14 days.
If you can skip the chemical air cleaners, I would. Only because I hate the smell of Febreeze and other 'air fresheners'. Then again, unless it's winter, I can have the windows open everyday. And I really wouldn't want to put my head down on a pillow that smelled of 'freshener'. Most of those fresheners are asthma attack in a can.
Not to be bandwagonesque, but "kill the Fabreze Please" that stuff is so strong.
If only they could come out with a product to get rid of that febreze smell!
wink_smile.gif

Hmmm.... a spray bottle of dirty water labeled "Debreeze" comes to mind
teeth_smile.gif

Not sure when your comment was made.
I use bleach rarely. When I do, its to soak in a large plastic tub. The bleach water is then dumped outside.
I keep fats down the drain to a minimum . Pots and pans grease - wiped out with paper towels before washing. Paper towels much cheaper than frequent pump outs.
I do have one small sign in my stand alone apartment asking that nothing be put down the toilet except human waste and toilet paper (worded a bit better than that)
Last inspection showed good shape. Shouldn't need a pump out for several more years. Hasn't needed a pump since put in place over 15 years ago.

How do you navigate cleaning routines to avoid potential harm to your septic system?
By the way, welcome to the forum. You'll find messages here are um....vintage. Very much wisdom here none the less.
:)

Back