Food Delivery, Delivering Breakfast To The Room, Bike in Room - How do you handle this kind of stuff?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about this before answering. Knowing your higher price point brings two issues: 1) they will expect more. 2) you should be able to set limits more. It is a two edged sword.
As a guest, you cannot tell me not to bring in food or eat when and where I like, it is absurd. I am not a child, don't treat me like one. (That is the guest speaking)
Also it appears too many have no idea how precious and well looked after expensive bicycles are, i want to keep an eye on it. The "bike rack" on my car is to transport it, not store it.
As for grilling, if you have it in sight, and you are B&B/ lodge/ inn then I should be able to use it. (If not, the innkeeper speaking says HIDE THE DANG THING) bring their own grill? No, this isnt a campground.
Breakfast delivery- do you have the manpower to do this? It is not the delivery alone, but cleaning it all up afterward too. Food will be sitting in the room, so ask them to place trays outside the door. And for additional,cost to deliver make it higher if it is not what you want tomdo all the time. We only offer it in two rooms, which are also the most expensive tooms, so they can't book a less priced and expect it. Make it avail weekends only. Do a trial run and see what works for you. It is nice pocket change.
We know how it is innkeeper, tail wagging the dog if we don't set limits. But no harm in asking, let people be people. They just want to enjoy their stay there. They are number one in their own eyes, not guest 578 like you see them.
ps sorry for typos on "device" as forum is not device friendly..
Also depends on the layout - my place is victorian - long narrow corridors if you put a tray out every other person would be tripping over it or stepping in it

I thought about this before answering. Knowing your higher price point brings two issues: 1) they will expect more. 2) you should be able to set limits more. It is a two edged sword.
As a guest, you cannot tell me not to bring in food or eat when and where I like, it is absurd. I am not a child, don't treat me like one. (That is the guest speaking)
Also it appears too many have no idea how precious and well looked after expensive bicycles are, i want to keep an eye on it. The "bike rack" on my car is to transport it, not store it.
As for grilling, if you have it in sight, and you are B&B/ lodge/ inn then I should be able to use it. (If not, the innkeeper speaking says HIDE THE DANG THING) bring their own grill? No, this isnt a campground.
Breakfast delivery- do you have the manpower to do this? It is not the delivery alone, but cleaning it all up afterward too. Food will be sitting in the room, so ask them to place trays outside the door. And for additional,cost to deliver make it higher if it is not what you want tomdo all the time. We only offer it in two rooms, which are also the most expensive tooms, so they can't book a less priced and expect it. Make it avail weekends only. Do a trial run and see what works for you. It is nice pocket change.
We know how it is innkeeper, tail wagging the dog if we don't set limits. But no harm in asking, let people be people. They just want to enjoy their stay there. They are number one in their own eyes, not guest 578 like you see them.
ps sorry for typos on "device" as forum is not device friendly..
Also depends on the layout - my place is victorian - long narrow corridors if you put a tray out every other person would be tripping over it or stepping in it
Jcam said:
my reply was to the orig post. I wouldn't have every room putting trays out here either. But they aren't looking at delivering to every room.

We have a guest lounge with plates, tableware, sink, fridge, microwave for enjoying take out. Eat in room OK, but we try to keep it in lounge and people usually do as there is nice seating (and the only TV in the inn!).
Bikes are OK in room or in the wide hall on lower level. They are worth too much to leave outside to chance. We offer free supper to bicyclists so they don't have to go off site for food.
Breakfast in room only if you are disabled, then, it is no problem. And if you are infirm/disabled, we'll bring a TV into the room.

Ordering food delivered: Happened on occasion-mostly pizza. All rooms had at least some kind of sitting area with a table and chairs. Guests had access to napkins, paper plates, glassware for beverages, and disposable (or 2 fully equipped rooms had "real") utensils. They arranged to meet delivery person to pay. Never had a problem.
Breakfast Delivery: Any room could have it delivered for a $10 fee each morning. I had a whole fancy set up for that.
Bikes: I had an urban inn very near a many multi-mile river walk which was perfect for biking. Second house had a 1car garage which I offered to store bikes as a concierge service if guests were concerned. (Read that: guests didn't have open access to that garage. I had to open/close the garage.) Only had the guy with the super expensive titanium or whatever kind of bike take me up on it. Also, offered to store kayaks but no one ever requested that. Most folks just kept that kind of stuff secured on their vehicles.

Latest posts

Back