Free copy of The Voice of Innkeeping magazine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For sale

Reaction score
AIHP offers a free copy of their magazine.
Editorial comment and disclaimer: there is nothing in this magazine that you do not hear on this forum daily, if you read it. How to get millenials heads in your beds, have wifi. We said that 8-10 years ago here, it is necessary, not for millenials, for all guests. Have lots og good photos on your website, again, no kidding. So the magazine with all the ads reads more like a beginner's innkeeping guide. So, if you are aspiring or a beginner then copy the LINK below
HERE

The article on buying a BnB nailed it when it said the innkeeper quarters can make or break the innkeeper (paraphrase). It is not the bottom line financially, does not bring in more revenue, but will be a life saver.
This is something most aspirings do not think is important. Run the inn for a couple months and you will see it is MOST important.
btw there is no edit button on the orig post if on an ipad, and there IS an edit button to comment, so apologies for typos.

Innkeeper quarters is the main reason my B & B is not for sale until AFTER Himself leaves the premises - most likely feet first. Most intelligent people would not live in our 2 rooms the way they are BECAUSE one of those rooms is an art studio and the sun porch in front of it that would be a lovely place, is a workshop. Once his stuff is out and the little that belongs to me is squared away, the OQ would be comfortable and look nice.

The article on buying a BnB nailed it when it said the innkeeper quarters can make or break the innkeeper (paraphrase). It is not the bottom line financially, does not bring in more revenue, but will be a life saver.
This is something most aspirings do not think is important. Run the inn for a couple months and you will see it is MOST important.
btw there is no edit button on the orig post if on an ipad, and there IS an edit button to comment, so apologies for typos..
Believe me im SOOO backing you up! PO's had a separate house that they intended to go back to at night - realised right away this was not a thing and moved in here but left all stuff in the house behind and just sort of camped which due to the bottom falling out of the property market they ended up here longer than they intended to do - But I could never have lived like they did! ground floor lounge which they slept in when it was busy so they could let their bedroom! we converted the basement into bedroom, ensuite, storage cupboard, utility room - plus we gained what was 2 private bathrooms upstairs when we remodeled and have sort of begun a squat situation in the back of the breakfast room (its walled off and I put a screen up) and rebuilt and extension on the back and a conservatory and we are still bulging at the gills! however a lot of it is hoarding for next door as we are 3 weeks into what I hope is a 6 week to completion! so then it can all go next door! wish me luck! we have been hoarding for 2 years over this process so think we have pretty much no idea what we actually have!

btw there is no edit button on the orig post if on an ipad, and there IS an edit button to comment, so apologies for typos..
Believe me im SOOO backing you up! PO's had a separate house that they intended to go back to at night - realised right away this was not a thing and moved in here but left all stuff in the house behind and just sort of camped which due to the bottom falling out of the property market they ended up here longer than they intended to do - But I could never have lived like they did! ground floor lounge which they slept in when it was busy so they could let their bedroom! we converted the basement into bedroom, ensuite, storage cupboard, utility room - plus we gained what was 2 private bathrooms upstairs when we remodeled and have sort of begun a squat situation in the back of the breakfast room (its walled off and I put a screen up) and rebuilt and extension on the back and a conservatory and we are still bulging at the gills! however a lot of it is hoarding for next door as we are 3 weeks into what I hope is a 6 week to completion! so then it can all go next door! wish me luck! we have been hoarding for 2 years over this process so think we have pretty much no idea what we actually have!
Jcam said:
Merry Christmas in July!!!!!! It will be so exciting to check into your hoard and find the stuff! Wishing you the best as you go forward!

Back