GC's from Iloveinns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you guys know or not, but Iloveinns.com is running a special through Oct. 24th. When you buy the book that contains the gift certificate they are giving you a 2nd free night certificate! I can't seem to find out the dates the certificates are valid to. It looks like most properties the days and dates are pretty restrictive..
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
I don't know if you guys know or not, but Iloveinns.com is running a special through Oct. 24th. When you buy the book that contains the gift certificate they are giving you a 2nd free night certificate! I can't seem to find out the dates the certificates are valid to. It looks like most properties the days and dates are pretty restrictive.
GG Yes this is true, I saw this a month ago when I took my first iLoveinns BOGO guest. DOn't know if you saw that thread on here, but I wanted to express at the time as the guests said "Mail this in and get reimbursed!" It made me insane and I wanted them to understand, iLoveInns does not REIMBURSE US. We pay THEM, they do not pay us. BOGO's are good will on the side of the innkeeper, we are giving you the FREE NIGHT STAY.
Just wanted to clarify that again for anyone else reading. The inn is the one donating the free night on any BOGO.
STASH TEA is another B&B promotion with BOGO that some participate in. It is NO cost to the innkeeper to be listed unless it is redeemed. I have had porbably 5 of these BOGO redeemed, and always super guests!

I don't know if you guys know or not, but Iloveinns.com is running a special through Oct. 24th. When you buy the book that contains the gift certificate they are giving you a 2nd free night certificate! I can't seem to find out the dates the certificates are valid to. It looks like most properties the days and dates are pretty restrictive..
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
I don't know if you guys know or not, but Iloveinns.com is running a special through Oct. 24th. When you buy the book that contains the gift certificate they are giving you a 2nd free night certificate! I can't seem to find out the dates the certificates are valid to. It looks like most properties the days and dates are pretty restrictive.
GG Yes this is true, I saw this a month ago when I took my first iLoveinns BOGO guest. DOn't know if you saw that thread on here, but I wanted to express at the time as the guests said "Mail this in and get reimbursed!" It made me insane and I wanted them to understand, iLoveInns does not REIMBURSE US. We pay THEM, they do not pay us. BOGO's are good will on the side of the innkeeper, we are giving you the FREE NIGHT STAY.
Just wanted to clarify that again for anyone else reading. The inn is the one donating the free night on any BOGO.
STASH TEA is another B&B promotion with BOGO that some participate in. It is NO cost to the innkeeper to be listed unless it is redeemed. I have had porbably 5 of these BOGO redeemed, and always super guests!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
After I posted that I saw that they also had a regular GC and realized that was the one you guys were talking about. But it's good to also talk about the BOGO since the average person doesn't realize that the Innkeeper is the one footing the bill!

As this group may or may not know, we allow users to leave comments in
our gift card area. You can see them all by going to
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/GiftCertificatesFeedback.aspx?p=1[COLOR= #000000].[/COLOR]
Thought I would post a few from the last few weeks so you could see what some
customers say. I'd encourage you to take a look - this is where we get
our feedback and try and find ways to make the product better. You'll
see one comment below - on fonts and colors - another example of
something we want to add to the product. In any case, hopefully you can
get an appreciation for how much customers like the product, and how we
stay on top of it to make sure we are continuing to develop and improve it.
>>>
Your website is phenomenal. It is very user-friendly. I love the feature
which allowed me to upload a personal photo. This made the wedding gift
card extra special. I can't wait to see their faces when they see THEIR
photo on the card! What a wonderful surprise. Thank you for creating a
great gift-giving website! Sincerely, Joanne
Easy to use website. The only improvement I can think of is to offer
font & color options for gift card.
Wonderful. We especially enjoyed being able to upload our own photo to
make the gift certificate more personal. Thank you!
Your site was totally easy to use. It's great to be able to use my own
photo for the gift card.
Great site! I appreciate that you include website links for the inns,
plus price ranges and reviews. My parents will love this gift! Being
able to pay for a gift card using Paypal was a pleasant surprise.
Wow, the site was so pretty and easy. I am not good with computers and
this was the easiest thing I ever did. I will be back for more gift
cards.
The site is great and would rather speak with someone that leave his
credit card information online. He loves the site and Andi was terrific!
Your website is great. Easy to navigate and clear and informative. Don't
change a thing! One of the best I've used.

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/GiftCertificatesFeedback.aspx?p=1[COLOR= #000000].[/COLOR]
>>>
photo for the gift card.
cards.
change a thing! One of the best I've used..
Why did you post this flagrant self-promotion?
Of course you have good comments on your website! Why would you post the bad ones there?
I don't feel this post belongs here.
=/
Kk.

John B posted in his reviews post what we have been telling them about the levels (and charges) offered - this goes directly to our gripe about ROI in case anyone is listening. Guests have no clue that we pay to be on these Directories nor what level we are required to pay to get what everyone considers the basic contact info - a web site link!!! This peron appreciates that bandb includes the web site links - they do if they are paid enough. Small inns would be happy with what most other Directories consider Basic - contact info that includes a link to web site and at least one photo.
Great site! I appreciate that you include website links for the inns,[/h3]plus price ranges and reviews. My parents will love this gift! Being

>>>
photo for the gift card.
cards.
Why did you post this flagrant self-promotion?
Of course you have good comments on your website! Why would you post the bad ones there?
I don't feel this post belongs here.
=/
Kk.
I posted the consumer comments because they directly related to this thread about the quality of consumer gift cards. A couple innkeepers had questioned whether the gift card product itself was important, and I wanted you to see that consumers themselves were telling us how much they liked the photo upload.
We are really not promoting anything here - you guys all know what our services are, you know our website, and it is clear that you are unhappy with things - my only hope is that you understood why we spent so much time, effort, and money on our gift card product - because consumers and resellers demand it - these were examples.

John, why must you put down others when trying to convince us that your product, service or program is 'the best'. There is no need to put the others down, just describe what you offer. We are not the dumb bunnies you think we are, we can compare with out name calling as you did in your post.
Now I am sorry to burst your bubble John, but the B&B's listed on your site are the reason your GC's sell - as previously stated WE ARE THE PRODUCT - WE ARE THE GIFT. Yes, it is nice to have nice packaging and I can appreciate the nice comments, but if my DH bought me a diamond I would not care if it were thrown in a paper bag and my card was a note written in crayon on the outside of the bag...The DIAMOND is what would make me happy - the Diamond is my gift, not the packaging!
I am sure (not in that program) that the BandB GCs are nice and that it is costly to produce them as you do. But if BandB.com spends hundreds of thousands of dollars each year on this promotion as you eluded to in one of your posts in this thread, someone should be shot!
JBJ - I bow to no one but definitely not someone that is so self-richeous as John and Eric seem to be.

>>>
photo for the gift card.
cards.
This post was flagged as being against the terms of use of this site. I do agree that this post is a little closer to self-promotion than I would like. Though given that you have been taking a pretty good beating from disatisfied innkeepers recently and do need to present opinions from your secondary customers, I will allow it. It is interesting to know of potential guest perception of the program.
But I do suggest that in the future, it would be wise to err on the OTHER side of self-promotion line you just crossed. ;)

John, why must you put down others when trying to convince us that your product, service or program is 'the best'. There is no need to put the others down, just describe what you offer. We are not the dumb bunnies you think we are, we can compare with out name calling as you did in your post.
Now I am sorry to burst your bubble John, but the B&B's listed on your site are the reason your GC's sell - as previously stated WE ARE THE PRODUCT - WE ARE THE GIFT. Yes, it is nice to have nice packaging and I can appreciate the nice comments, but if my DH bought me a diamond I would not care if it were thrown in a paper bag and my card was a note written in crayon on the outside of the bag...The DIAMOND is what would make me happy - the Diamond is my gift, not the packaging!
I am sure (not in that program) that the BandB GCs are nice and that it is costly to produce them as you do. But if BandB.com spends hundreds of thousands of dollars each year on this promotion as you eluded to in one of your posts in this thread, someone should be shot!
JBJ - I bow to no one but definitely not someone that is so self-richeous as John and Eric seem to be..
The initial post here compared the commission of the iloveinns product to the bedandbreakfast.com product. I attempted to explain that in our opinion, they are very different products sold in very different places, hence the commission difference. I understand that you do not agree with my point of view on this, and you may not value the differences between the two products, but there are major differences, and I posted the consumer comments to show you that at least some real people appreciate them.
You may not appreciate our cards, but as you can see there is at least one set of grandparents who got a card with their grandkids picture on it that does, and I can assure you there are more. There are people here who have poured their effort into these year after year to improve them and get them out in front of as many customers as possible, and we take pride in our work here just like anyone who is trying to do a good job and who have worked hard on these for years to make them as nice as possible.

Back