Getting paid

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

Suzie Q

Reaction score
I got a call with a couple wanting to pay for their parent's anniversary stay. One day. I said fine. It was the following night. They placed their cc into the online booking system a lot of folks use. The guests came and a few days passed before I tried to run the cc number. It seems the number "disappeared" after a couple of days. I notified the couple who made the reservation. She said her sister used her card. She said she would call her sister and have the sister call me with the information. I never heard from her. I can look up the contact information of the couple who stayed and inform them, but should I?
Thanks!

Alibi Ike

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch.
I'm not sure what to say. Is that how your rez system works, it just deletes the number after the rez date has passed? Or did you hit 'check-out' on their rez and that eliminated the number?
I'd give them until after the weekend. If they don't contact you then you really don't have a choice but to contact the guests and tell them the room wasn't paid for, that you waited a week for the daughters to call back with a credit card number but they didn't and could they please remit the cost of the room. Happy Anniversary.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Ouch.
I'm not sure what to say. Is that how your rez system works, it just deletes the number after the rez date has passed? Or did you hit 'check-out' on their rez and that eliminated the number?
I'd give them until after the weekend. If they don't contact you then you really don't have a choice but to contact the guests and tell them the room wasn't paid for, that you waited a week for the daughters to call back with a credit card number but they didn't and could they please remit the cost of the room. Happy Anniversary..
The system keeps just the last 4 numbers after a certain number of days have passed... from check in, I believe. There is no "check out" to hit. I first contacted the daughter last weekend, figuring that would be the easiest time to get ahold of them, when no one is at work. I guess I will have to send the guests a letter on Tuesday. Thanks!

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Ouch.
I'd give them until after the weekend. If they don't contact you then you really don't have a choice but to contact the guests and tell them the room wasn't paid for, that you waited a week for the daughters to call back with a credit card number but they didn't and could they please remit the cost of the room. Happy Anniversary..
The system keeps just the last 4 numbers after a certain number of days have passed... from check in, I believe. There is no "check out" to hit. I first contacted the daughter last weekend, figuring that would be the easiest time to get ahold of them, when no one is at work. I guess I will have to send the guests a letter on Tuesday. Thanks!
I did receive a call from the sister today, who gave me the cc number. It cleared. YEA!

Alibi Ike

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch.
I did receive a call from the sister today, who gave me the cc number. It cleared. YEA!
And you'll always take payment in advance now, right?