Glad to be guestless!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to go at least 6 months without having to replace a major appliance, tv or mattress. please..
thumbs_up.gif
I approve the plan! But the one to get their approval is your house…..

I was notified my quote was going to be used in an article in a publication soon about tips to keep an old appliance running. It was about my 60-year old stove I kept running for the first 16 years we were in this house - 15 of which were B & B years. I had a good repairman and all the repairs over that period of time cost about what I had to pay for the new stove, but not until 16 years later.

Whoa! Our washing machine died yesterday too!! Poppa has to make a mad dash to the laundermat every day for sheets and towels. No idea when BestB can fix. Today we lost internet and cable TV for three hours. The other day our sheets/pillowcases $125 Rowenta power iron died. Except we are not guestless and are full, full, full through Sunday. And today is Day 90 in a row, no end in sight until possibly October 17th. We just moved up and added on 3 extra days to our two week SF trip to see our kids and grandkids. Can. Not. Come. Soon. Enough..
Yikes! Our washer died. Repair people said couldn't get here for a week. Nearest laundromat 35 miles away. Fortunately an appliance store said yes we have the Speed Queen Commercial and can deliver tomorrow! You bet I took that deal. And now am inordinately fond of the new washer. Faster cycles, cleaner cloths, can lift lid and add forgotten items. Made August much easier.
Ours is a top of the line LG only 5.5 years old. 10 year motor drive warranty. Love it when working. BB coming Thursday, but with the holiday weekend doubt they'll be able to order parts.
Our machine is maybe the same age as me or older and we knew it was on the way out. But trying to deny reality of having to buy another one. I was so sure it was going to go on our busiest weekends…..
Imagining this.... (running and ducking...)
9977067.png

My grandparents had one, too. Form my grandfather's era there was an impolite expression referencing the rollers (wringer) conveying that things were going badly.

Duff2014 said:
So we are guestless and enjoying it!
I prefer the term, guest-free!! :).
Nearly guest-free here. But jury duty starting Thurs. A three-day gig leaving DH to do the breakfast on the last jury day. We have indoor guests Sunday for two days. I'll prep, but he'll have to serve the Monday breakfast. he hasn't had to do that in over a year!

Duff2014 said:
So we are guestless and enjoying it!
I prefer the term, guest-free!! :).
Nearly guest-free here. But jury duty starting Thurs. A three-day gig leaving DH to do the breakfast on the last jury day. We have indoor guests Sunday for two days. I'll prep, but he'll have to serve the Monday breakfast. he hasn't had to do that in over a year!
I had to do a derailed directions in a Confirmation this morning as a lady with a horse has booked in on Election Day - I will be at the Polls with our only car. She understood and is OK with it. I will make more at the Polls than she is paying for the room. Will just be dead on my but fixing breakfast the next morning.

Back