Glitches in Booking's guest/host email system

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
I am having trouble communicating with one Bking.com guest.

I am not sure if it is due to bkings system or the guest's hotmail account, but there are problems.
She emailed me from her hotmail account after receiving my confirmation asking questions about her stay (PITA bride questions)
I replied directly asking additional questions. No reply.
Yesterday while signed into extranet I see she sent a message again with the same questions. That email was not forwarded to my email as in the past.
And there was a message from me (at least the way it looked on their site) stating the following:
Please Resend Your Email - This Account Not Monitored
Hi,
You have replied to a generic email address that is not monitored.
You can find the correct reply email address by checking the original
email that you sent this message in reply to. The reply email address
is included on the last line of that message.
Thank you.

Very odd. Then I forwarded my last rely to her through the system and the only part that is visible is my contact info. None of the forwarded data.
I have called her, left a message and have left emails for her to call both through bking.com and her direct hotmail email addie.
I also sent a message to CS with the reservation # so they can see the problem. No, they don't see the problem. Not their problem.
Sigh! Rant over.........that is until this bride stay is over.

I often wonder if my emails ever get to them. My guess is this sort of forwarding sets off spam blockers in a lot of email systems.
If you don't hear soon, you might want to call the guest and say you've heard from booking that the guest wants to cancel their stay. Can she please contact you to verify that as you'll be putting the room back online for other guests.
Yes, she has a lot of details to see to, but having a place to stay is a big one.
Sometimes we just have to push to get answers.

I had a fight with BKing exactly about this. We send out automated emails when we get the booking that tell the guest our direct email in case we don't receive their emails via the BKing server.

I had a fight with BKing exactly about this. We send out automated emails when we get the booking that tell the guest our direct email in case we don't receive their emails via the BKing server..
Generic said:
I had a fight with BKing exactly about this. We send out automated emails when we get the booking that tell the guest our direct email in case we don't receive their emails via the BKing server.
I do the same, some follow my request some do not.... others never respond in any fashion just show up at the door.

In this case the guest did use my direct email, I replied to that email. Somehow she didn't get (or see it) So she went to Bking to communicate. Bking's system did not forward the email I just happened to see it today.

So why has she not called? If you have a need to know something (her booking is soon) why not call?

I had a fight with BKing exactly about this. We send out automated emails when we get the booking that tell the guest our direct email in case we don't receive their emails via the BKing server..
Generic said:
I do the same, some follow my request some do not.... others never respond in any fashion just show up at the door.

In this case the guest did use my direct email, I replied to that email. Somehow she didn't get (or see it) So she went to Bking to communicate. Bking's system did not forward the email I just happened to see it today.

So why has she not called? If you have a need to know something (her booking is soon) why not call?
Copperhead said:
No one calls if they're under 30. It's text or forget it. If you're willing to give out your cell number you might get a faster response. You might also get 15 texts before she arrives.

I got one back from my "estimated time of arrival email" which said "I can't see all of your email but we will be there at X time" so I don't know if they are going the way of air where they block out certain things which is super annoying as I only send direct info they really need like HOW to get into the ruddy car park!

Generic said:

Copperhead said:
No one calls if they're under 30. It's text or forget it. If you're willing to give out your cell number you might get a faster response. You might also get 15 texts before she arrives.
Morticia said:
You might also get 15 texts before she arrives.
Had that happen before. Ugg. Lesson learned.

Looks like our B.com friends have finally realized their failure to verify credit cards is costing them money. They're now promising to fix the problem later this year. Here's their "we're listening to our partners" missive from my inbox this morning:
Booking.com invites you to share your feedback
For Booking.com Partners
Dear Partner,

At Booking.com, we are constantly looking ways to improve the tools and services we provide to our accommodation partners like you. Because the foundation of every good relationship is open communication, we would like to invite you to participate in a short survey that will be sent to you in the next week.

In order to ensure the confidentiality of all responses to the survey, we are working with the third-party research company MetrixLab*. They will send the invitation to the survey from [email protected].

We are not only interested in what is going well, but also in what we can be doing better. The more open and honest your feedback, the better we can plan for the future and try to anticipate your needs.

Based on the feedback received through this survey in the past, we took action on the following topics:

Payment collection & credit card verification
Some partners indicated they would be interested in Booking.com collecting payment on their behalf to help mitigate the risk of no shows or cancellations. Others would like us to verify credit cards at the time of booking to avoid fraudulent bookings and issues with invalid credit cards. We are currently working on a new payment system that will enable us to facilitate payments and verify credit cards for our partners. Since it will take some time before we are able to offer this service as an option to our partners, we will update you on our progress.

Tips and advice on how to boost your business
Partners also indicated that they would like us to provide more proactive tips and advice. We have therefore developed the Opportunities tab on the Extranet, which enables you to gain more insights into opportunities for improving your business performance on Booking.com. The Opportunities tab is available to all partners worldwide as of 17 December 2015. We will continue refining this feature based on feedback from you.

Performance & Booker Data
We also heard from partners that they would like more information on how they perform against their competition and about the customers that book their property. We therefore developed a series of interactive reports under the Statistics tab on the Extranet, providing detailed information about your business coming through Booking.com. These reports are available to all partners worldwide as of April 2016.

Thank you very much for participating in the survey. We look forward to hearing your suggestions!

With kind regards,

Back