Google Ads

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need SEO or SEM marketing or just consulting, we have all neccessary tools for keywords research and advertising campaigns planning, you would be supprised how many people search for something and there isn't good content for their search queries and you can easily get your self in top 10 Google SERP for relevant keywords ;)

Not the 3-pack. I'm talking this type of display:

https://bit.ly/2E0nPQs

There were B&B's missing entirely from the map even when you zoomed to the specific location. It's fixed now.

Momma Smurf said:
What you did not note in your original post was that you were speaking specifically about the Google Map results above the 3 Pack. I will tell you this, I appear in the #1 spot for our State's Bed and Breakfasts in the 3 Pack, and many other relevant Pack searches, and it does have to do with SEO.
MidwestBB said:
Not the 3-pack. I'm talking this type of display:

https://bit.ly/2E0nPQs

There were B&B's missing entirely from the map even when you zoomed to the specific location. It's fixed now.
Yes, MWBB I do know what you are talking about. This change is affecting the results here too. I don't think it has been rolled out everywhere yet and I have found that some searchers are still finding me the on Maps due to that not all servers have been updated, but it is coming.

And yes it does have to do with OTA's. Google is now wanting a piece of the pie and found using it with Maps was a good pay day!

One option you may want to try in lei of OTA's is TripAd visor's TripCon nect. It just started being shown with your Google My Business listing and on G. Maps.

Just did a search for lodging in my town and see that our inn name comes up - now with our cheapest room price. No price has previously been shown. The only paid service we are part of is Tr ip Con nect. Thanks to this forum for helping with that.

In addition to SEO tuning, I have taken another approach. Years ago I stepped in when our city tourism website eroded thru neglect and set up another tourism based site for my town which gives visitors info on all the things to do for 40 miles around and, of course offers a great B&B to stay at in the process. It’s work to maintain but helps my business greatly.

Back