Google map led me to G+

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I added a google map to a blog article and when I clicked the inn name it led me to our G+ page.
If you don't have one, you may consider investing some time and energy in creating one! or updating the one you currently have. I am sharing (embedding) google maps more and more.
You know my theory by now, Google wants to rule the world, so better get the ducks in a row for it.
If you have not claimed your place on a google map you better do that first.

OK, here's my dilemma...I TRIED to get a G+ page for the inn but I keep getting thrown over to an account for ME. Fill this out. Oops, looks like that's not a real name and there is no 'face' in the photo you posted. Sigh.
I want all of these inn things to be under the same email so I can keep track of them. No can do.

OK, here's my dilemma...I TRIED to get a G+ page for the inn but I keep getting thrown over to an account for ME. Fill this out. Oops, looks like that's not a real name and there is no 'face' in the photo you posted. Sigh.
I want all of these inn things to be under the same email so I can keep track of them. No can do..
Just like FB, you must have a personal G+ page before a biz page. And you must verify both. Google is and will give more weight in organic listings to a biz that has been verified. I expect it will be even more important in the future. Check the other b&bs in your area to see if they are verified (you'll find a check mark on their G+ page after their name). If they're doing it, you might lose your ranking in the organics to them.
As far as the same e-mail, you should be able to forward your gmail e-mail to your main e-mail address.
The whole this is such a big pain, but google gets to play by their own rules and I want to play on their playground!

I want all of these inn things to be under the same email so I can keep track of them. No can do..
Just like FB, you must have a personal G+ page before a biz page. And you must verify both. Google is and will give more weight in organic listings to a biz that has been verified. I expect it will be even more important in the future. Check the other b&bs in your area to see if they are verified (you'll find a check mark on their G+ page after their name). If they're doing it, you might lose your ranking in the organics to them.
As far as the same e-mail, you should be able to forward your gmail e-mail to your main e-mail address.
The whole this is such a big pain, but google gets to play by their own rules and I want to play on their playground!
Yeah, I did some searching and FINALLY found, not on Google, that I have to have a personal page first. Linked to my personal email account. No thanks. I will make up an email with fake info and go from there.

Yeah, I did some searching and FINALLY found, not on Google, that I have to have a personal page first. Linked to my personal email account. No thanks. I will make up an email with fake info and go from there.
Madeleine said:
I will make up an email with fake info and go from there.
They'll probably require you to click a link in an e-mail they send to the address you provide, to prove it's not a made up address, so just create a free account at Yahoo or G-Mail or Hotmail (now called Outlook) and forget about that account once you use it to set up your G+ account.

Madeleine said:
I will make up an email with fake info and go from there.
They'll probably require you to click a link in an e-mail they send to the address you provide, to prove it's not a made up address, so just create a free account at Yahoo or G-Mail or Hotmail (now called Outlook) and forget about that account once you use it to set up your G+ account.
Apparently it has to be a gmail account. If anyone wanted to really investigate, the IP address is the same for the fake acct and my real acct. So much for going undercover.

Latest posts

Back