Google searches

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
So what is the deal? Is Google now remembering my recent searches via cookies now, I put in the blanket term bed breakfast and found pages from MY AREA and plenty I have seen lately in the Google alerts inn the news and searches live Savannah, and Indiana. Do I need to disable cookies now for Google? Google is such a broad universe, I don't want the same pages to come up just because I used those search words!!

Google does throw in your location (by ip address) if you do a broad search like [bed and breakfast] There is also a feature as part of your google account where you can have it remember recent searches and customize your results based on your trends. There is a similar feature on the google toolbar. You can turn both of these off without needing to disable cookies.

I made it limited cookies, I will have a look at that too! Thanks!

also check to see if you are signed in - look at the upper right of google, do you see:
iGoogle | Search settings | Sign in
?
If not, you are signed in and Google is personalizing results to you.

also check to see if you are signed in - look at the upper right of google, do you see:
iGoogle | Search settings | Sign in
?
If not, you are signed in and Google is personalizing results to you..
teeth_smile.gif

Back