Guess I'll Keep My COVID Policies!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking that things have returned to normal so much that maybe it's time to take down the special COVID-related info on my website. What a difference a couple of weeks makes!

Now, due to the extreme Delta variant spread in Arkansas, and even though I'm fully vaccinated, I'm resuming wearing a mask in stores and restaurants, and taking a daily baby aspirin (because COVID is known to cause blood clots and strokes, and aspirin combats that).

Due to my vaccinations, I'm no longer afraid of dying from COVID, but it seems like a good idea to wear the mask so, if I'm exposed, it will be a smaller exposure that my immune system can easily handle, vs a massive exposure that might make me sick for a few days. I don't like to be sick!

We’re also going back to wearing a mask when in a store or any other crowded space. My son travels a lot for work and he got sick. He was thankful he had gotten the vaccine because he said it was awful.

Unfortunately, no one knows what the long term consequences are of getting even a lesser case.

Lots of the stores in the town where we live are requiring them. Better to go back on our own to mask-wearing, reduce the transmission, and not have to go thru a shutdown again.

We never stopped. Masks in public, always, all the time. Like many around here, only off when you are outside and no one is around. It's airborne.

We had JUST this week started regularly re-entering rooms daily to “fluff” them. Now wondering if this is wise. Many of the stores and restaurants here also never stopped requiring masks. I have a good friend in Florida who got it after having the J&J vaccine and went down hard for the last two weeks, but luckily both she and her husband are ok.

I have a good friend in Florida who got it after having the J&J vaccine and went down hard for the last two weeks, but luckily both she and her husband are ok.
If vaccinated, they're more likely to die crossing a highway bridge than from COVID, but yes, can still get sick, even quite sick, while the vaccinated immune system cleans up after a heavy exposure to an antivaxer. That's why a mask is valuable, to keep that exposure manageable.

If you follow "The Walking Dead", you'll understand that antivaxers are our walking spreaders! #typhoidmary

We had JUST this week started regularly re-entering rooms daily to “fluff” them. Now wondering if this is wise. Many of the stores and restaurants here also never stopped requiring masks. I have a good friend in Florida who got it after having the J&J vaccine and went down hard for the last two weeks, but luckily both she and her husband are ok.
I’d probably skip this for a while longer. As long as you’re not finding damage at checkout, you’re better off keeping yourselves safer.

We have been fluffing since we reopened. We do ask everyone their vax status and require those who are not to wear masks. When we fluff the unvaxxed's rooms, we always wear masks.

I’m still holding off on doing the fluffs. People don’t want it yet.

I’m still holding off on doing the fluffs. People don’t want it yet.
Weird. Here in Southern Maine, the Number One complaint on Trip Advisor is lack of housekeeping!! We are fully vaxxed, so we're not a risk issue, and because the transmission via contact surfaces turned out to be a whole lot of unnecessary nonsense, folks are indeed expecting fluffing here and are tipping us accordingly. We don't do it for the tips, but rather so we can monitor what's happening in rooms. In this hot weather trash needs to be emptied (especially with the prevalence of Take Out still being eaten in rooms), towels changed, etc. Yes, last year we had folks leave trash and towels outside their doors before contact surfaces were debunked, but I also like for our guests to come back to a nicely made bed, new water or wine glasses, and fresh towels. We also make sure everyone's windows are wide open for ventilation which is key, and since we are surrounded by the sea, there's plenty of fresh ocean air.

Back