Guest is lost

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Called hours ago for us to repeat the directions given at noon. No sign of them. They're not answering their phone. Somehow, this is my fault. I didn't ask the right questions. I didn't make them read off the mile marker on the highway so I could verify they were actually in this state and on the road they said they were on. I didn't demand they tell me what waymarkers they were passing when they spoke to me.

They're at the mall. They're at the restaurant. Don't worry. Be happy.

They're at the mall. They're at the restaurant. Don't worry. Be happy..
Arks is probably right. More than likely when they got closer, they decided to stop and have a bite to eat before they checked in.

Arks said:
Traffic. They arrived just as I hit 'save' 10 minutes ago...
Problem was they stopped to ask directions (even tho we gave them detailed directions that they wrote down, so they said) and then called us saying the guy at the gas station gave them different directions and now they weren't sure whose directions to follow.

Arks said:
Problem was they stopped to ask directions (even tho we gave them detailed directions that they wrote down, so they said) and then called us saying the guy at the gas station gave them different directions and now they weren't sure whose directions to follow.
Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Because YOU don't know where you live but the guy at the gas station does!
cry_smile.gif

Arks said:
I swear you attract some real doozies!
confused_smile.gif

Just called mine to let them know we are home (they knew about the paintings pick-up) and was told they had made a couple wrong turns with the GPS but thought they were about 10 minutes away.

Just called mine to let them know we are home (they knew about the paintings pick-up) and was told they had made a couple wrong turns with the GPS but thought they were about 10 minutes away..
K, just saw a FB post from a family member who was visiting your state. They were using their GPS to get them to Williamson, after following canned Sally for a while and over a steep mtn (later to be told it was Horse Pen Mtn) they were told they had traveled about 50 miles out of their way.

GPS + WV Mtns = lost
wink_smile.gif

Just called mine to let them know we are home (they knew about the paintings pick-up) and was told they had made a couple wrong turns with the GPS but thought they were about 10 minutes away..
K, just saw a FB post from a family member who was visiting your state. They were using their GPS to get them to Williamson, after following canned Sally for a while and over a steep mtn (later to be told it was Horse Pen Mtn) they were told they had traveled about 50 miles out of their way.

GPS + WV Mtns = lost
wink_smile.gif

Going to a wedding in NJ, I printed out directions from the hotel to the reception. Then I asked at the desk thinking they might know another way.
Desk clerk told me to turn out of the parking lot and go a couple of miles down the road behind the hotel. 10 minutes.
Printed directions took us back on the interstate for 20 miles (another toll) and would have been about 30 minutes.
This is why I need maps when I travel.

GPS + WV Mtns = lost
wink_smile.gif

Copperhead said:

GPS + WV Mtns = lost
wink_smile.gif
Gertrude has never been to WV. Everyone knows "You can't get there from here." Gertie takes them over routes LOCALS in WV avoid - and then turns the wrong way.

Back