Guest Registration Form

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I have a "form" in word already, I was hoping that someone had a nice design as well as the wording for a warning about charges for incidentals and damage.
But I have never seen that website before. But are they serious about some of their prices? I saw this.... http://www.americanhotel.com/Controller/controller2.aspx?R=QJP716 and I wondered if they were seriously telling me that hotels are paying almost $8 for a black box to hold sugar?.
We only order from them what we can't find elsewhere. The shipping is outrageous as well. The sale flyer is a joke.
Not always! I just bought enough Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to hopefully last the rest of my natural life for only $1.99/box! They are over $3.50 for a box in the store. But we were buying lotion, shower caps, and cups as well so the shipping wasn't too bad.
OK, so that's a good one. Have you ever bought the soaps?
I've checked the tissues every once in awhile, but with the shipping it's more than buying it at the grocery store (which ain't cheap!)
No, I've never priced the soaps. Are you talking hand pump soaps or bar? We get our bar soap and shampoo from Greenwich Bay and I think their prices are really reasonable.
From American Hotel we get shower caps, Lord & Mayfair hand lotion, individually wrapped 10 oz. cups for guest bathrooms, eye makeup removers, sanitary napkin envelopes, shower curtain liners, bathrobes, middle blankets for the beds, pillow protectors, and sheets/pillowcases. You have to be careful with their prices, but esp for the linens when we do a wholesale changeout buying in bulk really makes the price come down.
They are based in Chicago so drop shipping to us is likely a lot cheaper than to you.
Bar soaps. I get ours from Greenwich Bay also. Just thought the 23 cents in the sales flyer sounded better.
So, the sheets...what do you get? I look at them but I'm so afraid I'm going to end up with 'motel' grade sheets that I can see thru!
I am not an ironer, so I can't do 100% cotton (I'm also a "hot" sleeper and can't stand hot cotton sheets), so we get their 60/40 cotton/poly blend sheets. They are 200 thread count. Out of the box they do feel rough, but with good detergent and fabric softener they soften right up after one or two washes and they have held up very well for 3 years now. Not super thick but also far from "see through", to me they are the perfect crisp sheet and perfect medium weight. They fold nicely without wrinkles out of the dryer.
This is the item number. Looks like they are on sale right now.
'Fold nicely without wrinkles...' sounds like my kind of sheet! Do you just get the flat sheets or do you get fitted as well?
Both fitted and flat, and we did the pillow cases too. I think you have to buy by the dozen.
And how is this helping me with the wording for my registration form? :)
Not to mention that cotton/poly will be hot for many people, since poly doesn't breath.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
And how is this helping me with the wording for my registration form? :)
Not to mention that cotton/poly will be hot for many people, since poly doesn't breath.
Not helping you at all. Helping me quite a bit.
So, back to your question...you must already have a reg form, are you just missing the 'fine print' stuff?
Here's what I have:
Check out is at 11 AM. There is a $50 fee for unauthorized late check-out; check-outs occuring after 1 PM will be assessed a full day room charge.

If your room requires extra cleaning or maintenance due to smoking or other negligence, including damage done by pets, your credit card may be charged accordingly.

Smoking in guest rooms or common rooms is not allowed. Smoking is allowed outside the building.
Okay, well, I have to change the check-out stuff, because if I assess them a full day charge then they might want to stay. And I'm fully booked for the next day. Maybe some charge per hour with no maximum?
Check-out time is 12H00. There is a $25 per hour fee for late check-out.
I like the stuff about smoking, extra maintenance, etc. What I need now is about stuff in the "honour bar". We want them to leave the money on the bar and not to have to bill it. So, we want to mention a charge of $5 for billing honour bar items to their account. And I guess I want to put something about leaving with the key as well. Anyone have wording that works? (Then I have to translate it all.)
You could do the $x/hour thing but what's to make them leave in time for you to clean? I would just change the wording to read something along the lines of having to pay for the night but must vacate the premises or their belongings will be removed by management.
Do you have any way to lock them out of the room or the building? I can do both.
Hate it when guests pull this crap but there's always a few every year who do not get how the well-oiled machine works.
I have only had it happen twice. Once I had to remind them and they were out by 12:30. The second left their belongings in the room and showed back up at 12:15 to clear their belongings.
Usually they ask me and I tell them where they can leave their luggage but it must be out of the room by noon. I can lock them out of the building, if I want to. But so far haven't needed to.
And to keep an even keel, even if I have no guests in the room the next day, the rule is evenly enforced. I want to clean the room and have it set up for the next guest no matter what. I don't feel like I can relax until the room is fully back in order.
I'm going to try a number of different ways to do the form until I get it just right. I was thinking that amounts at the beginning instead of simply bullets might work well....
$25 an hour for late departures
$500 for cleaning a room that has been smoked in.
$5 for billing incidentals to your room
So the numbers stand out.

Actually, I have a "form" in word already, I was hoping that someone had a nice design as well as the wording for a warning about charges for incidentals and damage.
But I have never seen that website before. But are they serious about some of their prices? I saw this.... http://www.americanhotel.com/Controller/controller2.aspx?R=QJP716 and I wondered if they were seriously telling me that hotels are paying almost $8 for a black box to hold sugar?.
We only order from them what we can't find elsewhere. The shipping is outrageous as well. The sale flyer is a joke.
Not always! I just bought enough Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to hopefully last the rest of my natural life for only $1.99/box! They are over $3.50 for a box in the store. But we were buying lotion, shower caps, and cups as well so the shipping wasn't too bad.
I've checked the tissues every once in awhile, but with the shipping it's more than buying it at the grocery store (which ain't cheap!)
We buy our tissue usually at the pharmacy. They seem to have one brand or another on sale as a loss leader at 59c or 49c each week. Or their competition does. I can only buy 4 boxes at a time... but you can walk into the store and buy again, even if all you did was walk out to the car to drop them off. :)
cheapskate! ;)

We buy our tissue usually at the pharmacy. They seem to have one brand or another on sale as a loss leader at 59c or 49c each week. Or their competition does. I can only buy 4 boxes at a time... but you can walk into the store and buy again, even if all you did was walk out to the car to drop them off. :)
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I did a comparison the past couple of days! Pharmacy sale price for a box of 100 (give or take) pop up tissues (I need the smaller size boxes) was $1.49. Was at a discount store today and the price was, ready, $1.49. I have to get them at the warehouse shops.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I did a comparison the past couple of days! Pharmacy sale price for a box of 100 (give or take) pop up tissues (I need the smaller size boxes) was $1.49. Was at a discount store today and the price was, ready, $1.49. I have to get them at the warehouse shops.
I buy only the regular size boxes, because they are always the cheapest. The warehouse stores are more expensive.
  • Two-ply - 136 tissues
  • Three-ply - 90 tissues
Both are 59c with a limit of 4. After the limit they are 89c each.
Puffs, which is a luxury brand around here is on sale this week for 83c for a box of 100. I think that's three-ply.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I buy only the regular size boxes, because they are always the cheapest. The warehouse stores are more expensive.
  • Two-ply - 136 tissues
  • Three-ply - 90 tissues
Both are 59c with a limit of 4. After the limit they are 89c each.
Puffs, which is a luxury brand around here is on sale this week for 83c for a box of 100. I think that's three-ply.
Yeah, they are the best deal. I just don't have room for them.

Back