Guest trouble with using the web to pay...hmmm???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just tried to make a rez. You do not have a field for guest address but you allow guests to hit the button under cc info that says 'Use contact info'. I don't want to click to actually make the rez and take up your only room that is open for the dates I selected so I'm just going on the first page to tell you what I see.
If that is the only room that is open you should at least put the photo of it on RezKey.
The form is confusing to me because the required fields are pink. There is nothing that tells me that. It looks like those fields are blocked and if guests are complaining, maybe that is what they are encountering as well. White fields are the ones that are not required is what I am guessing. Don't make me guess what the colors are supposed to mean. Have a statement that says, 'Pink fields are required info.' And get the address info in there. It's missing.
Because you only have one room open it is hard for me, as the guest, to find out what room is open and when. The first thing I got when I selected a date was a form to be put on a waiting list. Maybe THAT is the problem. I had to find the link to look at the calendar. Until you have many rooms open maybe it is best to see if you can start the calendar at that date rather than having it start now, when you don't have any rooms open.
Then, I clicked back on the calendar and got the form to fill out for the wait list. Now I can't get back to the calendar again. That is a problem. If the guest is on the calendar and can't move around back and forth and keeps getting stuck, they will give up.
Also, once on that form I cannot get back to your website. I am stuck. There is no way to clear the dates on my original selection so every time I go back to the calendar (from the 'book now' button on the rooms page) I end up with the dang wait list form.
Yes, you have a problem with your rez software setup!.
Madeleine said:
OK, I just tried to make a rez. You do not have a field for guest address but you allow guests to hit the button under cc info that says 'Use contact info'. I don't want to click to actually make the rez and take up your only room that is open for the dates I selected so I'm just going on the first page to tell you what I see.
If that is the only room that is open you should at least put the photo of it on RezKey.
The form is confusing to me because the required fields are pink. There is nothing that tells me that. It looks like those fields are blocked and if guests are complaining, maybe that is what they are encountering as well. White fields are the ones that are not required is what I am guessing. Don't make me guess what the colors are supposed to mean. Have a statement that says, 'Pink fields are required info.' And get the address info in there. It's missing.
Because you only have one room open it is hard for me, as the guest, to find out what room is open and when. The first thing I got when I selected a date was a form to be put on a waiting list. Maybe THAT is the problem. I had to find the link to look at the calendar. Until you have many rooms open maybe it is best to see if you can start the calendar at that date rather than having it start now, when you don't have any rooms open.
Then, I clicked back on the calendar and got the form to fill out for the wait list. Now I can't get back to the calendar again. That is a problem. If the guest is on the calendar and can't move around back and forth and keeps getting stuck, they will give up.
Also, once on that form I cannot get back to your website. I am stuck. There is no way to clear the dates on my original selection so every time I go back to the calendar (from the 'book now' button on the rooms page) I end up with the dang wait list form.
Yes, you have a problem with your rez software setup!
As a user of RESKEY, thank you for mentioning your feeling about the colored fields, mine are green, but as you mentioned, it is not mentioned that these are required fields.... I will correct that ASAP on mine! (See how a comment about one person's problem can help others!!!)
Cafe', make sure that your reservation program opens up in a new window or tab so they can easily go back to your website!
The other issues can easily be corrected as well. Good Luck with this AND your Grand Opening!!!

I will say I did not have any trouble figuring out how or where to enter the cc info.

It's easy to edit the field labels in ResKey to add (required) on each required (colored) field.
Edit your reservation page (Website tab, Reservation Pages, Edit) then scroll down to the Reservation Form section, select to customize your labels, and type the text you want to appear to direct people on what info to put in the fields on the form. This is also where you control which fields are required, and not, and what color the required field will be.

Madeleine said:
As a user of RESKEY, thank you for mentioning your feeling about the colored fields, mine are green, but as you mentioned, it is not mentioned that these are required fields.... I will correct that ASAP on mine! (See how a comment about one person's problem can help others!!!)
Cafe', make sure that your reservation program opens up in a new window or tab so they can easily go back to your website!
The other issues can easily be corrected as well. Good Luck with this AND your Grand Opening!!!
Thank you both!

Madeleine said:
Thank you both!
CafeMae said:
Thank you both!
Well, realize that you're dealing here with a bunch of people whose day is so easy and quickly dealt with - ;-) - that they have time to help aspiring innkeepers and the occasional experienced innkeeper. They're the same type people who volunteer at the local museum, serve on the city council, and sing in the church choir. People NOT likely to be Sam Walton heirs or Rockefellers, though they deserve to be, god bless them!

Madeleine said:
Thank you both!
CafeMae said:
Thank you both!
Well, realize that you're dealing here with a bunch of people whose day is so easy and quickly dealt with - ;-) - that they have time to help aspiring innkeepers and the occasional experienced innkeeper. They're the same type people who volunteer at the local museum, serve on the city council, and sing in the church choir. People NOT likely to be Sam Walton heirs or Rockefellers, though they deserve to be, god bless them!
AWwwww Shucks!
embaressed_smile.gif

Back