Guest's favorite K cups?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
I know some of you are still in the woods and some of you buy what's on sale, but what are your guests favorite coffee and beverage flavors? We just got our machine and I don't know what I should buy next time. So far my personal favorite is the Green Mountain Chai Latte. I actually like it better than my homemade chai.
Thank you!

I LOVE Jamaican Me Crazy!!! Coffee with just a hint of coconut. SO good

What we buy - GMCR (Green Mtn Coffee Roasters) French Roast (reg & decaf), Tully's Italian blend, Sumatra and a Columbian.
The GMCR pods go first.
We don't do 'flavors' because we'll end up being stuck with the unpopular ones (like the white hot chocolate packs I have stuffed in the cupboard).

My City Manager and I like the Caramel Creme so I bought a package of that plus a variety pack for City Hall. I have no idea which one Carla likes best.

If you also have a pot of 'regular' coffee out in the morning for guests to help themselves, then just buy fancy/flavored K-cups. It drives me crazy when people make just regular coffee in the Keurig when the pot is sitting right in front of them!! DUH!

If you also have a pot of 'regular' coffee out in the morning for guests to help themselves, then just buy fancy/flavored K-cups. It drives me crazy when people make just regular coffee in the Keurig when the pot is sitting right in front of them!! DUH!.
We put the Keurig in the closet in the morning. Just brewed coffee available.

So far Starbucks has disappeared the fastest...trying to get a count of how many get used per guest. One note, we were putting out half and half, which is nice to have fresh, but it seemed like we were throwing a lot away. Decided to try the mini moos, but when guests forget to shake them, they are clumpy and make the drink more than slightly unappetizing... so to moo or not to moo, or just put ANOTHER SIGN out, please shake your moos??
I hate to throwing away the expensive organic half and half just as much as I hate to put out little wasteful (but recyclable) containers of mini creamers... I bought one of those pumps that dispenses coffee mate, but I think that is just as bad. What do you put out and what do your guests seem to like?
We went to the K cups to avoid throwing away full pots of coffee, and to selfishly avoid having to get up to make it at the crack of dawn!!! Even when we serve freshly ground locally roasted coffee, people still go out to Star Bucks to get their usual fix, they just have to have it and we are left with pots of coffee.
Seems like it's half dozen of one problem for half dozen of another! We can't win! AHHHHHHH!

So far Starbucks has disappeared the fastest...trying to get a count of how many get used per guest. One note, we were putting out half and half, which is nice to have fresh, but it seemed like we were throwing a lot away. Decided to try the mini moos, but when guests forget to shake them, they are clumpy and make the drink more than slightly unappetizing... so to moo or not to moo, or just put ANOTHER SIGN out, please shake your moos??
I hate to throwing away the expensive organic half and half just as much as I hate to put out little wasteful (but recyclable) containers of mini creamers... I bought one of those pumps that dispenses coffee mate, but I think that is just as bad. What do you put out and what do your guests seem to like?
We went to the K cups to avoid throwing away full pots of coffee, and to selfishly avoid having to get up to make it at the crack of dawn!!! Even when we serve freshly ground locally roasted coffee, people still go out to Star Bucks to get their usual fix, they just have to have it and we are left with pots of coffee.
Seems like it's half dozen of one problem for half dozen of another! We can't win! AHHHHHHH!.
We put a bottle of half & half in the fridge for guests. It's just easier. I did the mini moos for years but was finding they were going bad (ie - getting clumpy) due to extremes in room temp. 55 at night (winter) to 72 during the day or 80+ in the summer. Plus, I would watch guests go thru 10 of them for one cup of coffee so that seemed like more of a waste than tossing 6 ozs of half and half once/week.
And, really, I only put the half & half in the guest fridge when we get a grumpus who refuses to use milk and will go into the kitchen to rifle thru the fridge looking for half & half. THAT'S when having the coffee machine is more trouble than it's worth. So, we had one 3 weeks ago and the half & half has been in the guest fridge since then.
Oddly, no matter how many times I tell guests where stuff is and put signs out in the morning we still get guests who pour 8 ozs of half & half into their cereal in the morning. Last one told me they thought half & half was 1/2% milk. Do you really need 8 ozs of ANY milk product for one 1 oz box of cereal? No. Because I throw most of the milk out.

Seems like it's half dozen of one problem for half dozen of another! We can't win! AHHHHHHH!.
If you do a sign, make it cute...dancing cows or something.

If you do a sign, make it cute...dancing cows or something.
Have the cow jump over the moon

Back