Guests' last visit

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Kind of sad here this morning as we just said goodbye to guests who have been coming here for 6 years. Their reason for coming (to visit kid at camp) is over and even tho they said they'd be back, you know they won't. They were our first big 'guest argument' in that the PO's had given them a substantial discount on a prime weekend and we didn't know. The guest we argued with died a couple of years ago and we still miss him, but the rest of the family came every year.
Sigh. I'm going to miss them. They were just a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear this. I too had a guest who passed and she has not come back by herself. As the years pass in this B&B life we have more good memorious of all who have passed by us than bad.
regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater

Sorry to hear this. I too had a guest who passed and she has not come back by herself. As the years pass in this B&B life we have more good memorious of all who have passed by us than bad.
regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.
Cheer Up, just had guests here with us from NC, that are headed to you guys today! Too funny, and mentioned they grew up in the Chicago suburbs. Oh, Where Pray Tell? Lombard. Just happens to be where we once upon a time lived for two years in the late 70s...

This is a great thread Mortie. Great to hear sadness at not seeing guests again, that really made my day!
Well done Innkeeper, well done!

regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.
Cheer Up, just had guests here with us from NC, that are headed to you guys today! Too funny, and mentioned they grew up in the Chicago suburbs. Oh, Where Pray Tell? Lombard. Just happens to be where we once upon a time lived for two years in the late 70s...
What did you feed them??? They are the no gluten folks, right?

This is a great thread Mortie. Great to hear sadness at not seeing guests again, that really made my day!
Well done Innkeeper, well done!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Well done Innkeeper, well done!
Oh, yeah. We've had guests email about their cancer as an explanation why they haven't been here in awhile. A couple of guests have died who we really miss. Some guests lost their jobs and told us they'd be back when their finances were better. We get 'attached' even if it is just for the weekend they're here and we don't hear a thing from them all year.
Some guests are just plain old fun to see every year.

regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.
Don't think so. They ate Blueberry-Raspberry Stuffed French Toast this AM. J&J from Charlotte?

regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.
Don't think so. They ate Blueberry-Raspberry Stuffed French Toast this AM. J&J from Charlotte?
PoppaSmurf said:
I am SO going to kiss you when we meet. Thank you! Just saved me a world of aggro.
cheers.gif

regular_smile.gif
Mary in BwaterWe too have had yearly guests not return do to someone passing - usually it was someone HERE that they visited had died. We usually find out 'cause they come for the funeral. They do say they will return, most don't. Such is the cycle of being an innkeeper. You become part of their family or they a part of yours for a moment in time, then in a blink of an eye they are part of memories of days gone by.

regular_smile.gif
Mary in BwaterWe too have had yearly guests not return do to someone passing - usually it was someone HERE that they visited had died. We usually find out 'cause they come for the funeral. They do say they will return, most don't. Such is the cycle of being an innkeeper. You become part of their family or they a part of yours for a moment in time, then in a blink of an eye they are part of memories of days gone by..
copperhead said:
Such is the cycle of being an innkeeper. You become part of their family or they a part of yours for a moment in time, then in a blink of an eye they are part of memories of days gone by.
Very eloquent.

We have a private boarding school in our town so we get a lot of parents visiting their children. They stay with us 3-4 times or more each year for 4 years. We become very attached to them and we watch their children grow and change over those four years. We are so sad when those years end and we have to say goodbye. We keep in touch with a few families but we know we will probably never see them again. Lots of tears on graduation day from us and them. Inn keeping is sometimes a very bittersweet profession.

regular_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.
Lombard. Just happens to be where we once upon a time lived for two years in the late 70s...
One of my daughters-in-law's father's family were among the founders of Lombatd. Do not ask me which familiy because I have no idea - just that she told me that. I did what I call a 24-year sentence in Illinois - Schiller Park, Bensenville, Elgin, Franklin Park, and Carpentersville. So glad to leave all that flat-land behind. I do miss the kids though.

Back