Guests that have never stayed before!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I have been talking to other innkeepers in IN and they all agree they are seeing more first time bed and breakfast guests. That is so awsome. This might sound silly but I think when the Verizon Commercial that has bed and breakfast mentioned put those three little words in peoples minds it made them think about it even though it was a spoof of sorts. Now I am not sure that is the reason but maybe.
I also saw a bed and breakfast in IN on the new show the Locater. The had a reunion at the bed and breakfst.
The new movie due out next week that is set in a Bed and Breakfast should not only be great but puts those three little words out there again. The movie is Road to Rodanthe. This is exciting.
The more we get out the thought the more business I think we will get.
sandynn

Also while flipping the TV channels today QVC had a segment called "Bed and Breakfast Inn", "You can make your home as comfy, cozy and inviting as your favorite bed & breakfast, and we'll show you how with our charming collection of linens, home accents, rugs, and even furniture. Check in to the Bed & Breakfast Inn on QVC, and make your home your private getaway."

Tell me about this movie? Is this something we should make into a special? It is out next week? Any idea what sort of movie, romance, sci fi?

Tell me about this movie? Is this something we should make into a special? It is out next week? Any idea what sort of movie, romance, sci fi?.
It is actually 'Nights in Rodanthe' - from a Nicholas Sparks book. I haven't read the book or seen the movie. The movie stars Richard Gere and Diane Lane - she is an innkeeper (I think temporarily) at a B&B in Rodanthe, NC and he stays with her while looking for an estranged son.
Romance, for sure, and out soon if not already.

Tell me about this movie? Is this something we should make into a special? It is out next week? Any idea what sort of movie, romance, sci fi?.
It is actually 'Nights in Rodanthe' - from a Nicholas Sparks book. I haven't read the book or seen the movie. The movie stars Richard Gere and Diane Lane - she is an innkeeper (I think temporarily) at a B&B in Rodanthe, NC and he stays with her while looking for an estranged son.
muirford said:
Okay so my first thoughts are, oh no is this one where the innkeeper has the fling with the guest (another one of these stories). PLEASE NO! It appears to be, without watching the clip, another Bridges of Madison County - storyline.
Here is the link
Well I suppose if it brings guests to our doors, then it is okay, not to mention a hunky star is the lead.

muirford said:
Okay so my first thoughts are, oh no is this one where the innkeeper has the fling with the guest (another one of these stories). PLEASE NO! It appears to be, without watching the clip, another Bridges of Madison County - storyline.
Here is the link
Well I suppose if it brings guests to our doors, then it is okay, not to mention a hunky star is the lead.
Hahaha. Oh, she's just watching the inn for her friends--she never took the oath!
But that'd be an interesting marketing concept for an inn, "singles and struggling divorcees, looking for love." Or has that been done before?
wink_smile.gif

I think that new movie WILL put the romance idea of a B&B in people's minds...SS watch out Richard Gere is just around the corner!
wink_smile.gif

And we have seen a lot more 'our first B&B' comments in the guest books this year.

muirford said:
Here is the link
Hahaha. Oh, she's just watching the inn for her friends--she never took the oath!
But that'd be an interesting marketing concept for an inn, "singles and struggling divorcees, looking for love." Or has that been done before?
wink_smile.gif

stephanie said:
wink_smile.gif
What's her face already address that - Madame - Heidi Fleiss.
And another inn that was shut down and inn the news far too often which held swingers events. NO THANKS.

I am totally unlike the rest of y'all, about 50% at least are first time B&B goers... I need to get on the other thread and update the grand finale of the curmudgeons.

Back