Guests with dietary restrictions and snacks.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, why is anyone concerned about snacks??? BED AND BREAKFAST - where does it say snacks?.
gillumhouse said:
OK, why is anyone concerned about snacks??? BED AND BREAKFAST - where does it say snacks?
The original question was for those who provide snacks, do you provide a warning if the snacks contain nuts, eggs, or dairy etc...
And no one is worried about anything. It was a simple question of procedure. Geez.
this is another thread that has gotten off track.

OK, why is anyone concerned about snacks??? BED AND BREAKFAST - where does it say snacks?.
gillumhouse said:
OK, why is anyone concerned about snacks??? BED AND BREAKFAST - where does it say snacks?
The original question was for those who provide snacks, do you provide a warning if the snacks contain nuts, eggs, or dairy etc...
And no one is worried about anything. It was a simple question of procedure. Geez.
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
Of course it went off track - is that not the norm here? When cookies are out for people to help themselves have you ever seen a warning about contents (other than at the ice cream shop with the may contain peanuts as that is a common death threat allergy). IF people have a particular allergy it is up to them to ASK (and if they really have an allergy they WILL ask) if the offering contains a no-no. Do not sweat it. BUT because WE are trying so hard to please our guests and make their stay as pleasant as possible, we stress and obsess over everything. It is the nature of a great innkeeper.

gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
Of course it went off track - is that not the norm here? When cookies are out for people to help themselves have you ever seen a warning about contents (other than at the ice cream shop with the may contain peanuts as that is a common death threat allergy). IF people have a particular allergy it is up to them to ASK (and if they really have an allergy they WILL ask) if the offering contains a no-no. Do not sweat it. BUT because WE are trying so hard to please our guests and make their stay as pleasant as possible, we stress and obsess over everything. It is the nature of a great innkeeper.
I do label the snacks because I am not here 24x7 if there are questions. DH has no idea what's in anything so he could not answer any questions about what's in the cookies or cakes.
So, yes, I look at what allergies are incoming and I try to work around that even for snacks. Mostly I cannot, so I put a notice up telling guests what they're getting into. It's all part of the experience. If it's one room with allergies I don't feel like going out of my way for then there are no snacks out at all.
What I meant by 'towels' was that we obsess about towels. How many times have there been threads here about towels? Plenty. Sure, you have to provide towels but don't we all strive to provide really good towels? Unlike the crap we use in our own bathrooms? Most of us wouldn't go to any store and buy the cheapest, most threadbare, tiniest towel we can find. We look for the good stuff.
Frankly, if I had to cut the budget, snacks would be the first thing to go. All snacks. No more candy, no more granola bars, no more baked goods. I'd save over $200/month, at least.

gillumhouse said:
Got it! Here's the on track answer- no we do not provide warnings about the snacks we provide.
wink_smile.gif

Back