Had to share this..

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squirrels are nothing if not persisent and given they have a life span of about 6 years, it very well could have been the same one..
SweetiePie said:
Squirrels are nothing if not persisent and given they have a life span of about 6 years, it very well could have been the same one.
The squirrels that get on my bird feeders have a very short life span. I think of it as a service. I'm sending them to a better place.
devil_smile.gif

Stew for dinner?
We were at a muzzle-loader shoot. One of the guys had brought a pot of stew. Sheryl was perhaps a freshman in high school at the time and she was on her third bowl of it when she heard one of the guys ask, "What kind of stew is that?" Response: squirrel. Sheryl's response? Urp!
gillumhouse said:
Stew for dinner?
We were at a muzzle-loader shoot. One of the guys had brought a pot of stew. Sheryl was perhaps a freshman in high school at the time and she was on her third bowl of it when she heard one of the guys ask, "What kind of stew is that?" Response: squirrel. Sheryl's response? Urp!
YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barf.gif

It was so funny at the time. We used to have to settle for squirrel or rabbit for Thanksgiving - Daddy could shoot them, you had to BUY turkey.
gillumhouse said:
It was so funny at the time. We used to have to settle for squirrel or rabbit for Thanksgiving - Daddy could shoot them, you had to BUY turkey.
OK, so this is so totally sidetracking...daughter brought home a BF from college and he was chowing on the venison stew until he asked what it was. Then he left the table.
In re buying turkey...same daughter was a champion runner in HS. The week before T-day there was always a 5k race in town and I would say, 'If you want turkey for T-day, win the race.' She did all 4 years she was in HS so we had the prize turkey on our table!

I watched a chipmunk today. It ran under my car, stood up on it's hind legs and sniffed the underside of the car. Apparently that was the wrong car because it then ran under hubs's car and did the same thing. However, under his car, it jumped up and into the underside of the car. Popped back out, did the sniff test again, and then jumped back up in another spot..
Check you air filter holder for nuts. They load up our cars all the time like that.
swirt said:
Check you air filter holder for nuts. They load up our cars all the time like that.
I don't think he was storing, I think he was shopping! Hubs thinks he's eating the brake lines (which had to be replaced). I had that once...totally loaded up vent line to the A/C duct. Turned the A/C on and filled the car with chippie nest.
We've been having to put those sticky mouse traps in our Toyota Highlander. The dang field mice have found an entry point and keep building nests. They haven't done much damage, but they're leaving little presents wherever they go.

I think these squirrels are cloning themselves. As for names, I guess ours is just That Squirrel. As in "There's That
potty-mouth.gif
Squirrel again!".
We call our squirrels "That little bugger". Just the mention of "The little bugger" sends the dogs into a frenzy of pacing, whining and window watching!

We had a red squirrel problem in our attic when we first opened. I would be checking the guests in, and you would hear them scurrying around in the ceiling. They were so loud that guests would say "Oh, that must be the dogs up there". SO found a hole in the joining of the roofs that he covered with sheet metal. A couple of days later, I heard a horrific noise on the roof. I ran outside just in time to see the Red Squirrel at the sheet metal, with his little fingers under the edge of the sheet metal and reefing on it with all his might. I yelled at him and he took off like a shot. No squirrels in the house ever since!

Back