Handy Help - unexpected

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
A man who was a friend to both of us has been squiring me around showing me his old bicycle club routes and trails (NOT on a bike, thank you) to see the fall foliage in the mountains. Last week I got clarification - are we too old friends (and I mean OLD) bumming around or are we dating? Poor man got totally flustered as he has never been married (and I do not want to be but he was not sure of that) but that was clarified thank goodness. Did not want him to be under false assumptions. That got 2 WHEWs!!

He called this morning since the temp today is almost 80 and is supposed to be 80 tomorrow. He is currently scraping my porch to get it ready to paint it for me.. Although he does get poison ivy, he has been digging it up for me for years - glad someone knows how to get rid of that crap. I am one very fortunate person! I will soon have a pretty porch again.

Keep us posted! Things may bloom!

No, thank you. I am not interested in sanding off the rough edges of someone who has never been married and is older than me! I like my freedom also. It is nice to bum around, be taken out to lunch or dinner, but not interested in more permanent arrangements. Besides, we were taking about when we were kids and he said while all the other kids had Mighty Mouse as favorites, his idol was Scrooge McDuck. Still is. I am of the big tipper variety. Great guy who always picks up the tab for lunch.

Today, my neighbor who has purchased his Mother's house and moved (his has not sold yet) came back to mow the grass - and did mine as usual!! I am so fortunate.

I am one very fortunate person! I will soon have a pretty porch again.

Yay for the pretty porch! I got a little deck painting done before the serious rain set in. It will have to do for this year. I started paint prepping earlier in the Spring but guests started coming and I had to call a halt. Navigating the new solo status can make for some interesting moments. Hugs.

Back