Hard to know where to look

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I checked in a youngish couple. 30 or so. He’s a good looking, tall, well dressed guy. She’s tattooed all over. All over. Full legs, full arms, huge angel wings on her back. Face! A tiara across her forehead. Something on each side of her face. Lines across her nose! I’ve never seen anything like it! And as if she isn’t already a sight, she has blue hair! Frizzy, bright blue hair. Like a dancer in the movie Jesus Christ, Superstar, but she doesn’t have a dancers body if you get my drift.

I have had weird feelings about guests before, but I seriously wish this woman wasn’t staying here. She seems pleasant enough to talk to. But her choices are so far outside of anything I can understand, I don’t know what to think. Or where to look.

Most people with tattoos are... just people. My cousin has to wear long sleeve to hide his tattoos at work... has a PhD, high paying job, etc.

The Gallery that is showing Himself's paintings this month has titled it Bikes & Ink. The motorcycle paintings and tattoo art. Have been too busy to go see it.

Note: This is my first post since I got a 19.95 charge through PayPal for this site (it was a surprise). I DID stop the auto renew, but even though I gifted at the very beginning and did not challenge the charge, Gift Supporting has never been displayed (and still isn't) on my posts. Hmmmmm.

It is tough when someone is so deliberately different. I’ve asked guests about some tattoos, but I don’t get the purpose in the random markings for the sake of marking the body.

Most people with tattoos are... just people. My cousin has to wear long sleeve to hide his tattoos at work... has a PhD, high paying job, etc.
Good reminder. And I have lots of friends with tattoos. In general, I don’t like them (tattoos) , but I accept them. This woman is an extreme example. The face thing is difficult for me. Like you said, just people!

Just give them an excellent experience - we don't know what it's like to be them - treat them with respect and you will be rewarded when you get to see how sweet she is!! Hopefully, that's how it will roll for you - One Love

...Gift Supporting has never been displayed (and still isn't) on my posts. Hmmmmm.
The words "Gift Supporting" always appears in the lower right corner of EVERYONE'S posts, including yours. I'm not sure what it means, but it's there. It's not there on a person's own posts, but it's there for everyone else to see.
Gift.JPG

Like GoodScout, your avatar has always displayed "Supporting Member". That's where they acknowledge your gift.
supporter.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. This is the first time I ever saw it and I thank you.

We had out these temporary tattoos for those with skin illustrations - guests get a kick out of them
Swan Tattoo Step 1.jpg

I checked in a youngish couple. 30 or so. He’s a good looking, tall, well dressed guy. She’s tattooed all over. All over. Full legs, full arms, huge angel wings on her back. Face! A tiara across her forehead. Something on each side of her face. Lines across her nose! I’ve never seen anything like it! And as if she isn’t already a sight, she has blue hair! Frizzy, bright blue hair. Like a dancer in the movie Jesus Christ, Superstar, but she doesn’t have a dancers body if you get my drift.

I have had weird feelings about guests before, but I seriously wish this woman wasn’t staying here. She seems pleasant enough to talk to. But her choices are so far outside of anything I can understand, I don’t know what to think. Or where to look.
It's a different world...as the old saying goes...For every Jack there's s Jill.

The Gallery that is showing Himself's paintings this month has titled it Bikes & Ink. The motorcycle paintings and tattoo art. Have been too busy to go see it.

Note: This is my first post since I got a 19.95 charge through PayPal for this site (it was a surprise). I DID stop the auto renew, but even though I gifted at the very beginning and did not challenge the charge, Gift Supporting has never been displayed (and still isn't) on my posts. Hmmmmm.
I see “gift supporting” on your post

My youngest son’s girlfriend is a tattoo artist. She has a few tattoos herself and loves them. My son has none, so far. I can see the artistry in them but I don’t know why some go all in.
Although …. She has a portfolio and has one client who got an elaborate face tattoo to camouflage a birthmark we used to call a port wine stain. It’s really quite pretty. I would probably ask your guest about a few of her tattoos …. She might think I’m a goof or maybe rude. If she’s pleasant, its all good.

Had to laugh! We had a couple a few years ago who came to our area specifically for the work of a well-known tattoo artist. He had been working with the same guy for several years and had both arms covered in a custom styled full-color mash up of Star Wars and Futurama.
We also had a goth wedding couple. She had an intricate spiderweb tattoo across her shoulders and (at least) her upper chest. Her bridal gown (black) was tailored so that the décolletage and embroidery (black on black) matched her tattoo. She was a good-looking young woman with milk white skin and jet black hair. The overall effect was incredible.

Back