Has anyone noticed this trend in the under 30 crowd?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guests in question have checked out. The wife informed me that she thought that they could just 'order when the kitchen staff came in each morning' . She described themselves as 'extremely fussy'.
They complained that they had difficulty finding a 'good' restaurant. (One of my states top 10 Zagat rated restaurants is 4 blocks away) and they had to drive half an hour away to find a good one.....it was a Chilis.
I think this proves that 'taste' is subjective.

The guests in question have checked out. The wife informed me that she thought that they could just 'order when the kitchen staff came in each morning' . She described themselves as 'extremely fussy'.
They complained that they had difficulty finding a 'good' restaurant. (One of my states top 10 Zagat rated restaurants is 4 blocks away) and they had to drive half an hour away to find a good one.....it was a Chilis.
I think this proves that 'taste' is subjective..
OBVIOUSLY NOT B & B PEOPLE!!! Or they would know..you 'normally' get what is served you..not made to order. Yeah..what taste???

The Farmers Daughter said:
I think this proves that 'taste' is subjective.
I think this proves 'taste' is all in your mouth. And if the junk you found in their room was indicative, well then, glad they're gone!

Many times what they mean by "good" restaurant is food they like at CHEAP prices. Hopefully they learned what a B&B is all about by their stay with you.

Got more coming today. Why are all the crazy people from NY?
(my apologies for to those of you from NY who are not crazy).
In all seriousness, I have noticed a trend. NYC - Staten Island - Brooklyn etc. all tend to be huge PITAS. Must be something in the water.

In all seriousness, I have noticed a trend. NYC - Staten Island - Brooklyn etc. all tend to be huge PITAS. Must be something in the water..
Can't help there, I'm from the Bronx!
What I would say is that it's a tough city to live in. If you're one in a million, there are 10 more just like you!

In all seriousness, I have noticed a trend. NYC - Staten Island - Brooklyn etc. all tend to be huge PITAS. Must be something in the water..
What I would say is that it's a tough city to live in. If you're one in a million, there are 10 more just like you!
notice I didn't say the Bronx?
embaressed_smile.gif

Hmmm...I would have to say our overall experience with NYC is very good. Some are quite quirky but very few have proven to be the high-maintenance type, but then that's not what our Inn is known for. Are they high maintenance or just kinda nuts? I can deal with nuts if they don't make me get involved...here's your room, enjoy being your crazy selves in it...see ya at breakfast
teeth_smile.gif

Oh there are "pita pockets" in every state. :)
Sometimes they move from one state to another when they get roolly roolly old and create a whole new pitapocket-hood.

embaressed_smile.gif

embaressed_smile.gif
Yeah, the BX is practically the other side of the world to Manhattanites!

Sometimes they move from one state to another when they get roolly roolly old and create a whole new pitapocket-hood..
Joey Bloggs said:
Sometimes they move from one state to another when they get roolly roolly old and create a whole new pitapocket-hood.
So true. My sister who is a caterer and former restaurantuer for 20 odd years used to constantly complain about folks from CA. (crunchy, spacey, airhead, ditzes) I know this is a gross generalization. I have great & stable friends from CA....who always promise to call....and don't. lol!

In all seriousness, I have noticed a trend. NYC - Staten Island - Brooklyn etc. all tend to be huge PITAS. Must be something in the water.
They're heeeeer! She is 6' tall (without the 4 inch heels), thin as a rail and is model gorgous. Bet she won't be eating much either....

They're heeeeer! She is 6' tall (without the 4 inch heels), thin as a rail and is model gorgous. Bet she won't be eating much either....
Bet she won't be eating much either....
If she does, she'll be throwing it all back up later on...

Groan...I just delivered breakfast to their room. Yikes ... what a mess!

Hmmm...I would have to say our overall experience with NYC is very good. Some are quite quirky but very few have proven to be the high-maintenance type, but then that's not what our Inn is known for. Are they high maintenance or just kinda nuts? I can deal with nuts if they don't make me get involved...here's your room, enjoy being your crazy selves in it...see ya at breakfast
teeth_smile.gif

Hey Stewie/Rupert - I sent you an email or two and I'm not sure they are getting through to you, maybe stuck in your spam folder. Let me know?

Back