have you started decorating yet?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do you have guests that want to come see your christmas decorations? That's what I am anticipating because so many of them said they wanted to come see our place decorated for the holidays.
It's supposed to snow here next week! YAY! I love the snow! BUT... I hate the heat bills! We have had such a long beautiful fall. no air conditioning or heat on for two months! I suppose that will change next week. It will really start to feel like the holidays then!
Thanks for all the input everyone.
OH.. One more thing... Do you put trees in your guest rooms? I mean in the bed room it self? I always have had trees in the bed rooms, but that was before B&B. Are there any special considerations I need to take in putting a tree up in there?
(I edited this)

So do you have guests that want to come see your christmas decorations? That's what I am anticipating because so many of them said they wanted to come see our place decorated for the holidays.
It's supposed to snow here next week! YAY! I love the snow! BUT... I hate the heat bills! We have had such a long beautiful fall. no air conditioning or heat on for two months! I suppose that will change next week. It will really start to feel like the holidays then!
OH.. One more thing... Do you put trees in your guest rooms? I mean in the bed room it self? I always have had trees in the bed rooms, but that was before B&B. Are there any special considerations I need to take in putting a tree up in there?
(I edited this).
I only put very small size trees in my guest rooms. about.... 1 foot size. I think this depends on the size of your rooms and...how much work you want to do. it is a nice touch and I think guests appreciate it. Hopefully most will not bother the decorations:)

i think candles in windows are nice whenever ... and the little fairy lights (or little white lights) are lit outside restaurants and inside year round in some places.
thanksgiving nite for me is a good time to start. i used to think that was too early ... but i changed my mind.
it's a big challenge to jump from thanksgiving/ autumn leaves/bittersweet/pumpkins to the christmas extravaganza! my daughter managed a store in a mall a few years back and told me the giant christmas crew worked round the clock to change up the enormous displays ... it used to be thanksgiving weekend, now i don't know when it starts.
driving down route one in maine on nov 1 i saw colored christmas lites on bushes outside a house. so the debate raged ... are these people who leave their lights up year round and said, let's turn em on ... or did they just put them up halloween nite? or earlier?

(I edited this).
I only put very small size trees in my guest rooms. about.... 1 foot size. I think this depends on the size of your rooms and...how much work you want to do. it is a nice touch and I think guests appreciate it. Hopefully most will not bother the decorations:)
Yes I put in some of the little rosemary trees on the mantle of the room. They are cute and smell nice. I just put a handfull of tiny decorations on them.
RIki

We always decorate the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after thanksgiving. What doesn't get up then doesn't get put up.
I have white led lights across the front of the porch that is lit in the evenings year round. Then 2 wreaths at the entrance on the porch.
I put lighted greenery up both staircases with small red bows tucked in.
Have a very tall tree that works with our tall ceilings.
Greenery and lights on the mantels.
My niece has small trees for all rooms in her house, but I don't do that. It is a nice touch though. She also has large balls a little smaller than volleyballs that hang in the hallway. That is a little different.

(I edited this).
Yes I put in some of the little rosemary trees on the mantle of the room. They are cute and smell nice. I just put a handfull of tiny decorations on them.
RIki
Y0u may think they smell nice..but what about your guests.
I love rosemary..but it can be overwhelming if placed in a room. I brought in my plant one year and finally had to throw it out because I couldn't stand the smell!!!!

I would love to see a picture or 2 (3 or 4 is great too!) of everyone's trees, and/or decorations! The first person done should start a thread with their pictures, that would be fun!

Sunshine said:
Great idea!
Since you replied, I'm going to assume you will be the starter of the picture thread....
teeth_smile.gif

I would love to see a picture or 2 (3 or 4 is great too!) of everyone's trees, and/or decorations! The first person done should start a thread with their pictures, that would be fun!.
Great idea!
I do use atificial trees in the guest rooms and only one real tree, a 10ft for the Parlor. We do 12 trees total. But I do two groups of 3 little trees together. So I only do 6 big trees (7-10 ft). I put homemade garland (well commercial greenery to which I add real cedar and pine and all kinds of things myself) on the stair rail, fire place mantles, and two doorway/hall arches. It's so pretty. All of them have white lights tucked in them.
I also have my centerpieces and all the extras around too.
It's really magical when its all done!

We have a bunch of pictures from Last year, that we are going to put up on our site soon.

We have a bunch of pictures from Last year, that we are going to put up on our site soon..
Sunshine said:
We have a bunch of pictures from Last year, that we are going to put up on our site soon.
We can't see the Holiday pictures on your website since we don't know who you are...well at least I don't

(I edited this).
We were on a tour last year. A fund raiser for Juvenile Diabetes. It was great fun. I would suggest starting as soon as possible so you can enjoy decorating, Of course leave the real greens to the week before so they last into the rest of the season. I do trees in every room. Smaller that fit on the table or dresser. I usually try to theme them with the room. Rose Room has a Victorian tree with laces, dry roses, etc.Berry Room has strawberry ornaments on it, etc. There is usually one large real tree in the Family room and a few other real greens.
When I was in a store downtown we could not use any real greens (Fire Inspectors insisted) and only the best extension cords. Normally shops were not allowed to use extension cords at all.

We have a bunch of pictures from Last year, that we are going to put up on our site soon..
Sunshine said:
We can't see the Holiday pictures on your website since we don't know who you are...well at least I don't
I will try to figure out how to attach some here (when I have time) so you can see them

I can't figure out how to put pictures in the body of this. I thought I could just copy and paste but I can't They are not on a link, just saved in a folder.
any ideas of how to do it easily...

oK, I went to FQA and I'm going to try it.
OK both times it failed because my pics are too large (i even clicked on thumnails). SO the easiest way if you want to see my pics is to email me and I'll send you an email with the pics in them. OK? sorry.... :( I'm not more computer savy :(

OK both times it failed because my pics are too large (i even clicked on thumnails). SO the easiest way if you want to see my pics is to email me and I'll send you an email with the pics in them. OK? sorry.... :( I'm not more computer savy :(.
Sunshine said:
OK both times it failed because my pics are too large (i even clicked on thumnails). SO the easiest way if you want to see my pics is to email me and I'll send you an email with the pics in them. OK? sorry.... :( I'm not more computer savy :(
Go to tinypic.com and post the url for the pic on here after uploading, it is free.

OK both times it failed because my pics are too large (i even clicked on thumnails). SO the easiest way if you want to see my pics is to email me and I'll send you an email with the pics in them. OK? sorry.... :( I'm not more computer savy :(.
Sunshine said:
Go to tinypic.com and post the url for the pic on here after uploading, it is free.
huh??
url for the pic? the pictures don't have a url... do you mean the url for this website?
please have patience with me...

Sunshine said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Sunshine said:
Is tinypic.com the only place or can you use somewhere like kodak.com or photobucket.com??

Back