Health Insurance

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rymntigger

Reaction score
I was wondering what innkeepers do for their health insurance ? We are working towards purchasing a B & B this year and that is one of the many things we want to get a handle on as we figure out what we need income wise to make it work.

I assume this depends on where you are located. Here in France, access to the health system for most BnB owners is via the Micro Enterprise system which is a special tax and social security status. We pay 13% of turnover as social "cotisations" which includes the carte vitale (health insurance) that reimburses 70% of all medical costs. It also includes old age pension, unemployment and other insurances. The missing 30% of medical expenses can be covered with a mutuelle - private policy that pays the balance. It may seem quite a high cost but considering we pay no additional taxes it's not bad.

Hello there! That's great! We are currently on the ACA. It works great for my family, but as my father is going to retire soon. We are thinking of taking a Medicare. For which my cousin has suggested me to consult the Ohio supplemental health insurance agent for getting information on Medicare and its different plans.

Hello there! That's great! We are currently on the ACA. It works great for my family, but as my father is going to retire soon. We are thinking of taking a Medicare. For which my cousin has suggested me to consult the Ohio supplemental health insurance agent for getting information on Medicare and its different plans..
A self introduction would be nice. It helps to know a bit about you, region of where you live (specifics are not required), are you a B & B & how many rooms, - just a small intro

Hello there! That's great! We are currently on the ACA. It works great for my family, but as my father is going to retire soon. We are thinking of taking a Medicare. For which my cousin has suggested me to consult the Ohio supplemental health insurance agent for getting information on Medicare and its different plans..
A self introduction would be nice. It helps to know a bit about you, region of where you live (specifics are not required), are you a B & B & how many rooms, - just a small intro
My Apologies. My name is Steve and along with my wife Lisa we are aspiring innkeepers who live in southcentral Pa. at present. We are in the process of looking for our first B&B to purchase this year.

My Apologies. My name is Steve and along with my wife Lisa we are aspiring innkeepers who live in southcentral Pa. at present. We are in the process of looking for our first B&B to purchase this year.
For me it is Medicare. I just used it for the first time with my cataracts. And with luck, it will be the last time.

For me it is Medicare. I just used it for the first time with my cataracts. And with luck, it will be the last time.
gillumhouse said:
For me it is Medicare.
Medicare and a supplement for us also although it gets used rather frequently.
Back when we began I was able to keep a limited version of insurance from my former employer (private insurance market didn't want us as customers), later I found an outside job that provided insurance and allowed me to purchase insurance for my wife, that also allowed me to add my outside income to the family needs and I was still available evenings and weekends to be maid, handyman and innkeeper.

Rymntigger said:
Welcome neighbor!

gillumhouse said:
For me it is Medicare.
Back when we began I was able to keep a limited version of insurance from my former employer (private insurance market didn't want us as customers), later I found an outside job that provided insurance and allowed me to purchase insurance for my wife, that also allowed me to add my outside income to the family needs and I was still available evenings and weekends to be maid, handyman and innkeeper.
Jim,
Somehow I can't picture you dressed as a maid. Pictures or it didn't happen! LOL :)
JimBoone said:
was still available evenings and weekends to be maid, handyman and innkeeper

gillumhouse said:
For me it is Medicare.
Jim,
Somehow I can't picture you dressed as a maid. Pictures or it didn't happen! LOL :)
JimBoone said:
MNVineyardBB said:
Jim,
JimBoone said:
Good morning and thank you for starting my day off with a smile, it's going to be a good day now :)
I'm a creature of habit and I'm afraid my uniform for most jobs is a ragged T-shirt and cut-off slacks with splotches of paint and sawdust (daughter keeps threatening to throw away my favorite stuff) as my days always seem to involve some sort of project to be completed.

Latest posts

Back