Hello from an aspiring innkeeper!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! I've had my Inn (8 bedroom B&B) for the last 5 years and it's been the best thing ever.
I managed restaurants for over 20 years before we purchased the Inn, wanting to wait until our children were adults. I have upgraded the 1925 house and loved every moment!
My advise would be to contact a B&B owner and ask to work with them and walk in their shoes for a week. We went to Colorado and did an Aspiring Inn Keeper class. Also go to a B&B convention full of information and so many fellow owners to talk with.
Best advise I ever got is to hire great housekeepers, you can't do it all.
Good luck with your research!

Welcome! I've had my Inn (8 bedroom B&B) for the last 5 years and it's been the best thing ever.
I managed restaurants for over 20 years before we purchased the Inn, wanting to wait until our children were adults. I have upgraded the 1925 house and loved every moment!
My advise would be to contact a B&B owner and ask to work with them and walk in their shoes for a week. We went to Colorado and did an Aspiring Inn Keeper class. Also go to a B&B convention full of information and so many fellow owners to talk with.
Best advise I ever got is to hire great housekeepers, you can't do it all.
Good luck with your research!

Thanks!! This is super helpful!

Hello there! I'm an aspiring innkeeper looking at eventually owning a B&B in Maine. I'm just starting my research phase right now, reading books, putting together a business plan, etc. Excited to be part of the INNspiring community :)

- Bella Luna

My Wife and I own a 13 room Inn in upstate NY - oakvalleyinngeneseo.com (Western Finger Lakes region). Running a B&B/Inn is a Lifestyle not a Job! Having a Partner you get along with is crucial to us as you're together all the time taking care of a multitude of responsibilities. We are actually looking for some help with our Inn with a purchase option for the right person or couple. No experience necessary - just a willingness to learn and an upbeat personality. Feel free to call or message us back. 585-243-5570. All the best, J

Good morning! Not sure I’m in the right place. I am a super host Innkeeper.I am looking for an Innkeeping position. I would even like to lease a business. I see on here that leasing to someone is a bad idea. Well if there not experienced and don’t have 5 star ratings , it may be someone looking for a place to live . Not the case for me . I love the business !
Anyway thanks much.

Call me anytime to discuss!! We love the business as well - 585-243-5570 - We are the number 1 rated accommodation in our area !!My Wife and I own a 13 room Inn in upstate NY - oakvalleyinngeneseo.com (Western Finger Lakes region). Running a B&B/Inn is a Lifestyle not a Job! Having a Partner you get along with is crucial to us as you're together all the time taking care of a multitude of responsibilities. We are actually looking for some help with our Inn with a purchase option for the right person or couple. No experience necessary - just a willingness to learn and an upbeat personality. Feel free to call or message us back. 585-243-5570. All the best, J

Attachments

• frontree.jpg
    frontree.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello there! I'm an aspiring innkeeper looking at eventually owning a B&B in Maine. I'm just starting my research phase right now, reading books, putting together a business plan, etc. Excited to be part of the INNspiring community :)

- Bella Luna
Thanks! I will check it out!
Bella are you doing this on your own, My husband and I have running our 6 cottages for the last 7 years in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and it is a love for sure, but also it's work 30-40 hours a week each. But we love it however we are moving on since my mom that lives with us has dementia and sun downers and doesn't want to be here anymore.

Good morning! Not sure I’m in the right place. I am a super host Innkeeper.I am looking for an Innkeeping position. I would even like to lease a business. I see on here that leasing to someone is a bad idea. Well if there not experienced and don’t have 5 star ratings , it may be someone looking for a place to live . Not the case for me . I love the business !
Anyway thanks much.
Check B&B Team Help Wanted page, White Stone help wanted page and Indeed.com.

If still interested - we have a great opportunity for the right person or couple - help my Wife and I during busy season and run Inn independently in slower winter months. The successful candidate will receive an option to become a Partner after 1 year successful service! Sweat equity- For example after 5 yrs service you will be rewarded with an agreed upon percentage of the Inn Business. We are looking for assistance as we transition our lives to semi and full retirement. No games - only a straight shooting honest approach. 631-793-6841 for more information. All the best,
J

Back