Help! Unwanted guest!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a sticky situation too. Acquaintances, who are friends with our best friends, but who we do not care for, have just e-mailed us to stay a night in the house this weekend. They know that we are not taking guests in the house and want to assure us that they do not need breakfast (she is organic, vegan...he has multiple diet issues) and we do not need to talk to them.
Imagine that. Why in the world would I want them in the house to ignore them? I'd be a wreck. So here is what I wrote back to them:
"Sounds like you caught the Seaside bug! Sorry to say, we have someone in the cottage this weekend and we really do have the house closed to guests. It was an exhausting B+B season, our 24th, and we are still seriously burnt out. There is no way we could have you in the house as B+B guests and ignore you!
There is a small B+B in the next town that is “green” and organic. Their web site shows vacancy so you might give them a call. I expect that they may have a 2-night minimum stay in the cottage, but it is the most private accommodation they have.
Also, there is a lovely B+B Inn, just renovated, called the ........

Otherwise, for just a bed, you could probably get a decent room at a reasonable rate for a night at the "local big chain hotel".
Good Luck with the House hunting!"
That did the trick. Hopefully we set some bounds without creating hard feelings..
Very well done, Silverspoon. I'll bet you're really relieved now!
When they have come and gone in the area without stopping in....then I'll be relieved! Some people just do not know how to take NO for an answer.
Great response. I hope you escape unscathed.

Silver that was perfect! I wish I had done the same. The former neighbor is here now. Never again....

Silver that was perfect! I wish I had done the same. The former neighbor is here now. Never again.....
Oh no. I was hoping you were worrying about nothing (which I do a lot of!), but it doesn't sound like it :( So sorry...

Silver that was perfect! I wish I had done the same. The former neighbor is here now. Never again.....
angry_smile.gif

Great job SIlvSpoon!.
Update...they apparently know other B+B innkeepers in the area, although a bit further from the area of the potential house-buy. Funny thing is, they tend to avoid these Innkeepers when in the area and don't really care for them as friends. But I guess the free room that was offered overcame the mixed feelings. As we all know, some folks are opportunistic and do not mind putting others in uncomfortable circumstances to save a few $$$.
One of the most wonderful aspects of you all here on the forum is that you understand people and the issues surrounding hosting. Thanks for the support!

Great job SIlvSpoon!.
Update...they apparently know other B+B innkeepers in the area, although a bit further from the area of the potential house-buy. Funny thing is, they tend to avoid these Innkeepers when in the area and don't really care for them as friends. But I guess the free room that was offered overcame the mixed feelings. As we all know, some folks are opportunistic and do not mind putting others in uncomfortable circumstances to save a few $$$.
One of the most wonderful aspects of you all here on the forum is that you understand people and the issues surrounding hosting. Thanks for the support!
Silverspoon said:
we're here. We do get it. Thank you for getting it too.
you know that country song " I've got friends in all the low places...?" Ours is "we've got friends inn all the locations" :)

Back