Help with blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted one using IE and name/url it seemed to go through fine.
Cute project. We did one with DW's class back in 1998 with stufffed bears discovering the various historical westward trails. Most schools at the time did not have internet access and many were still not using email so very few bears made the full journey :(
It might be a cute project to modify into Beary Tails (a story of a Bear hopping from B&B to B&B). and documenting/promoting each inn as he/she makes its way around..
Maybe we should do one with inns...just for fun...start a blog and then send the bear with a guest that is making another stop at a B&B (like Georgia girl) and she would leave it there for the next pick up by another guest who will be going to another inn!
that would be fun to track!
Willowpondgj said:
Maybe we should do one with inns...just for fun...start a blog and then send the bear with a guest that is making another stop at a B&B (like Georgia girl) and she would leave it there for the next pick up by another guest who will be going to another inn!
It could be a mission for Seashanty! Then she knows we are upfront about visiting with all of us 'on the house.' See she could become a travel writer. The bear would have to be "dressable" and take in the local activities. ie NE he can have a lobstuh bib on.

Cute project. We did one with DW's class back in 1998 with stufffed bears discovering the various historical westward trails. Most schools at the time did not have internet access and many were still not using email so very few bears made the full journey :(
It might be a cute project to modify into Beary Tails (a story of a Bear hopping from B&B to B&B). and documenting/promoting each inn as he/she makes its way around..
Willowpondgj said:
It could be a mission for Seashanty! Then she knows we are upfront about visiting with all of us 'on the house.' See she could become a travel writer. The bear would have to be "dressable" and take in the local activities. ie NE he can have a lobstuh bib on.
Seashanty would be a good human companion for the bear...she has the perfect outlook and sense of humor for it. She is also good at putting a fun spin on a story.

Willowpondgj said:
Now THAT would be interesting!
I was thinking we would start with this gang here (because we know what's happening!) but, if it takes off, we might get some publicity and then more inns would want to do it! Like the Travelocity Gnome...we have the B&B Bear.
What I have noticed with the FS blog is that it's not getting any love from Google right now. If I were to post some of those 'articles' on my own blog, they would be in the top ten retrievals from Google in a few minutes.
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bears
regular_smile.gif

I think the idea is clever, but it puts a lot of the responsibility on the guests...and we all know guests drop the ball...A LOT! It is the innkeepers who would have the buy-in to it as they stand to get a little publicity and it would be innkeepers who stand a better shot of following through and sending the little fella on his way. That was the problem we had with the bears go west thing...the bear would get sent on to some school that didn't buy into it and the bear would go missing.

I think the idea is clever, but it puts a lot of the responsibility on the guests...and we all know guests drop the ball...A LOT! It is the innkeepers who would have the buy-in to it as they stand to get a little publicity and it would be innkeepers who stand a better shot of following through and sending the little fella on his way. That was the problem we had with the bears go west thing...the bear would get sent on to some school that didn't buy into it and the bear would go missing.
swirt said:
Oh definately, the bear CANNOT ride with a guest (unless we know the guest) would be cool if we could pass the torch - after we have it we visit another B&B closest to us and stay with the bear. Then that innkeeper stays with the next. I will say upfront - not planning on traveling to AK right now)
confused_smile.gif

But it would sure be a fun way to visit.

Bree,
Cute Blog. And I am inn for the traveling bear. Come on SS. Maybe this is your next phase. Take the bear inn-to-inn and be a travel writer that will do B & Bs proud! I don't remember if you are one of the writers group but if not there is Bree or Socks ready to dive in and help....

Not that I can stand to get pulled into another project at the moment... but the technical logistics of this bear thing interest me. One way to do it would be to set up a blogspot blog and then give the current recipient host of the bear write permissions on that blog, then after they post, that person would be removed and the next host added. But I think (though not completely sure) that it would require each host to have a google account. So a blogmaster would have to manage that changing of who can write.
A simpler alternative might be to just have the current host send it to the blogmaster by email and that person would create the blog post.

Bree,
Cute Blog. And I am inn for the traveling bear. Come on SS. Maybe this is your next phase. Take the bear inn-to-inn and be a travel writer that will do B & Bs proud! I don't remember if you are one of the writers group but if not there is Bree or Socks ready to dive in and help.....
gillumhouse said:
Bree,
Cute Blog. And I am inn for the traveling bear. Come on SS. Maybe this is your next phase. Take the bear inn-to-inn and be a travel writer that will do B & Bs proud! I don't remember if you are one of the writers group but if not there is Bree or Socks ready to dive in and help....
Oh, she's quite the writer... very poetic. She may not be a nanowrimo-maybe-someday-who-knows kind of writer, but she writes bee-you-ti-fully!!!
=)
Kk.

Well, you are NEVER going to believe who showed up at my choir practice tonight!!
YEP, You betcha! It was Flat Stanley, holding hands with our choir director's wife!
Talk about a heck of a coinkidink!
I said, "hey there's Flat Stanley!" I recognized him the minute I saw him! And everyone was going, "Who's Flat Stanley!???"
Too funny! Tell your Grandbaby, he made it all the way to Colorado...you don't have to tell him WHEN he was here, but he was!

Not that I can stand to get pulled into another project at the moment... but the technical logistics of this bear thing interest me. One way to do it would be to set up a blogspot blog and then give the current recipient host of the bear write permissions on that blog, then after they post, that person would be removed and the next host added. But I think (though not completely sure) that it would require each host to have a google account. So a blogmaster would have to manage that changing of who can write.
A simpler alternative might be to just have the current host send it to the blogmaster by email and that person would create the blog post..
swirt said:
A simpler alternative might be to just have the current host send it to the blogmaster by email and that person would create the blog post.
or the travel writer could do the blog - I know she is creative and likes to write. The thing is, like all of these internet ideas that people are fascinated with, it does not have to have a time line. It happens as it happens. Like the guy who wanted to travel to every fivebucks in the world. we can all be freelancers - and the blogmaster can post the articles. anyway, it is an idea...should we decide to take it up.

Well, you are NEVER going to believe who showed up at my choir practice tonight!!
YEP, You betcha! It was Flat Stanley, holding hands with our choir director's wife!
Talk about a heck of a coinkidink!
I said, "hey there's Flat Stanley!" I recognized him the minute I saw him! And everyone was going, "Who's Flat Stanley!???"
Too funny! Tell your Grandbaby, he made it all the way to Colorado...you don't have to tell him WHEN he was here, but he was!.
There are 20 or FS's in his classroom, so, who knows, maybe yours was from the same school. Now THAT's a coinkydink!

Willowpondgj said:
I think it would be so cute. If she ever made it this far, we could dress the bear up in an Amish outfit!
I'd pay her stay at the Inn I work at...

Back