Here we are in Hickville

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
This was a comment from an innkeeper up in Waynesboro VA that a guest relayed to us this morning.
They said they thought about it as they drove past our 500 miles of shoreline lake with paddle dinner cruise boat, skiing, boating, fishing, parasailing, restaurants and gorgeous mountain views!
Then when they got here they logged on and read our blog and could not believe all that was happening in this "hickville" .
Another encouragement to BLOG, innkeepers. I have so much to write about I cannot contain it in the blog, I am not adding photo link along the whole side of the blog.
I happen to love living in Hickville, it is our little secret.
wink_smile.gif

Hey most of VA is Hickville except for the C'ville, Richmond and Williamsburg and NOVA
teeth_smile.gif
And we love it!

You have more going on in your "hickville" than we do here :).
Yesterday we played tourist...headed to the caverns early before the REAL crowds got there. It was the ONE day a year they open a SPECIAL room in the caverns... in 8 years here we could never go because we were always taking care of guests. So we went. It was great. Blue grass music, car show and fireworks in the evening. There was all sorts of things going on in town as well. It is so great to see this little town come so far in just 8 year since we've been here.

You have more going on in your "hickville" than we do here :).
Yesterday we played tourist...headed to the caverns early before the REAL crowds got there. It was the ONE day a year they open a SPECIAL room in the caverns... in 8 years here we could never go because we were always taking care of guests. So we went. It was great. Blue grass music, car show and fireworks in the evening. There was all sorts of things going on in town as well. It is so great to see this little town come so far in just 8 year since we've been here.
catlady said:
There's a 'special room'? Wow. I'm STILL planning a trip with the nephews or the grandkids or all to see the caverns. Before some of them are too old to be seen in public with me.
teeth_smile.gif
It might work out now because my daughter moved to NY. Now her kids wiil have the same vacation sched as the nephews. It'll take me 2 days to round up the kids across NYS, but I could do it.

I live in Podunk and we are busier than bees here.
Tomorrow (Monday) there is a demo of some skate park equipment. We are getting ready to do some fundraising to getthe kids a skate park - BUT we expect THEM to help do some to that fundraising too.
We just had the Citywide Yard Sale and will be having out Frontier Days next month. We may not have as much activities as JBJ -but we are working on it. Wednesday is Farmers Market - something new here. Considering he had several decades of codgers keeping this place free of "competition" so they were the only game in town, we are kicking butt. If we get a few more of the right funerals, this town will be kicking A!!

Hey most of VA is Hickville except for the C'ville, Richmond and Williamsburg and NOVA
teeth_smile.gif
And we love it!.
Catlady, I have noticed you've used the phrase "NOVA" on a few posts. Dumb question, but what does it mean?

Back