Here we go - PCI and your terminal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are attempting to sell our Hypercom T7 unit. Since we went to Authorize.net, I never use it..
Proud Texan said:
We are attempting to sell our Hypercom T7 unit. Since we went to Authorize.net, I never use it.
Sold it!
cheers.gif

Final update:
Swiped a card this morning, the guest loved signing with her finger. Was WAY EASY, way easier than this old clunky cc machine. (I will now be able to claim this iPad for business, fyi)
I immediately got an email telling me:
You accepted $253.00 from a card ending in 2963.

You can see more about this payment at (removed)

As of this payment, your Square balance is $246.04.

Thank you!
https://squareup.com/
I went in and there it was, everything so simple and concise. Done.
I called our merchant acct and cancelled our machine here (which used the phone line) and then called Amex and cancelled (they did not want to let us go, I told them we are still accepting AMEX, but through an online method, to which they said, oh, okay then...)
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
I ordered a second Square/reader for redundancy, I went to the site click send second square/reader button, and it did it all. Had all my info..
Way cool, JB, way cool! I think that if I was still in biz, it's the way I would have gone.
Did you print a receipt for the guest and/or your records? Or did you print a receipt from your rez system?

Final update:
Swiped a card this morning, the guest loved signing with her finger. Was WAY EASY, way easier than this old clunky cc machine. (I will now be able to claim this iPad for business, fyi)

Thank you!
I called our merchant acct and cancelled our machine here (which used the phone line) and then called Amex and cancelled (they did not want to let us go, I told them we are still accepting AMEX, but through an online method, to which they said, oh, okay then...)
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
I ordered a second Square/reader for redundancy, I went to the site click send second square/reader button, and it did it all. Had all my info..
This sounds great, but are you keying in deposits and paying the 3.5% with the 15 cents per transaction fee? That's the only thing that deters me, we run a deposit on all our reservations and they have to be keyed in since there is no card to swipe. I love the fact of using our IPhones or IPads for the transactions.

Final update:

Thank you!
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
Way cool, JB, way cool! I think that if I was still in biz, it's the way I would have gone.
Did you print a receipt for the guest and/or your records? Or did you print a receipt from your rez system?
Samster said:
I am printing recpts from my rez program still, so I showed it to them and then entered the amount. You can have it email the recpt from Square, or I can email a PDF from my rez system, or you can get a cc rcpt printer (which I won't get).
In asnwer to the deposits, I am not taking deposits on every booking, if I did I would use a pgrm that did it automatically in conjunction with our online reservations. I only key them in if I feel the need to. Don't tell anyone that OUT THERE but this is what we are doing now. When I took deposits on the machine I had to pay higher fees every time, previous.

Final update:

Thank you!
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
Samster said:
I am printing recpts from my rez program still, so I showed it to them and then entered the amount. You can have it email the recpt from Square, or I can email a PDF from my rez system, or you can get a cc rcpt printer (which I won't get).
In asnwer to the deposits, I am not taking deposits on every booking, if I did I would use a pgrm that did it automatically in conjunction with our online reservations. I only key them in if I feel the need to. Don't tell anyone that OUT THERE but this is what we are doing now. When I took deposits on the machine I had to pay higher fees every time, previous.
Joey Bloggs said:
So this happened to bring a question to mind, and this is for not only Square but for any of the online, no paper copy of signature. What do you do if you get a chargeback and don't have a signature? Or does the Square recpt show the signature and send you a copy?

Final update:

Thank you!
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
Samster said:
Joey Bloggs said:
So this happened to bring a question to mind, and this is for not only Square but for any of the online, no paper copy of signature. What do you do if you get a chargeback and don't have a signature? Or does the Square recpt show the signature and send you a copy?
Swiped the card yestedray on square at 10am it is in my account now (24 hours later) and had an email telling me the total that went into my account.
Amex I swiped (on old cc merchant processor) 5 days ago just showed today in same account.

Final update:

Thank you!
Fees are done.
I am very pleased.
Samster said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Swiped the card yestedray on square at 10am it is in my account now (24 hours later) and had an email telling me the total that went into my account.
Amex I swiped (on old cc merchant processor) 5 days ago just showed today in same account.
Joey Bloggs said:
Now THAT is fast service!!!

Back