Hi Swirt,

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Trishany,
I just checked. None of your posts have been flagged as abusive or deleted. You'd have to be more specific about what threads you have responded to that are not showing up.

I see these that seem pretty recent.
https://www.innspiring.com/node/1208#comment-12753
https://www.innspiring.com/node/1238#comment-12752
Are these the ones you are talking about?.
Again, none of my responses are showing up. I'm a "three, you're out" person. Just let me know. Believe me, I can take it. But, you have to honest with me.
trishany said:
Again, none of my responses are showing up. I'm a "three, you're out" person. Just let me know. Believe me, I can take it. But, you have to honest with me.
Trish- Go back to the thread about the policies. Your post is THERE. 2 people have responed to it, one of them me. We couldn't respond if it wasn't there. Check your browser. It is not refreshing the page once you post. No need to 'be honest' about anything. Everything you post shows up. Comments, dog pictures, all of it.

Bree, I responded to Pipermans's post. Not showing up. Guess I should post again.

trishany said:
Piperman, there are alot of "incorrect thinking people" here on this forum.
I am posting below a list of things we have learned and incorporated into our business.
We have learned that:
- Sending out a "guest information" letter on nice letterhead is a very comfortable feeling for the guests and very classy.
- Egyptian cotton sheets are always talked about (800-1000 tc.)
- A big, hearty breakfast is the MAIN thing that is always the last thing the guests say to us -- "we loved the breakfast"
- Placing 3-5 chocolates in a dish in each room is sufficient. Otherwise, they will eat or take the whole dish of chocolates
- Placing a big basket of towels in each room stamps out the question of "we ran out of towels?".
- The guests do not read signs. Especially the younger crowd. They are here to have a great time and to hell with the signs. So when they arrive, you have to reiterate.
- Being greeted at the door by their first names (you know who is coming by your reservation program). And if there are two or three couples arriving at the same time, you just use your common sense.
- Having keys to their bedroom
- Knowing that they are not to drive if they go to the wineries (most people come out here to go to the wineries) They call us if they are inebriated.
And thats all I can think of for now. But this has been an awesome experience, meeting some of the best and nicest people in the world, some of whom I have an uncanny connection to.
i see your post.
it's on page two of that thread.

Also, I posted my 18lb. beautiful neice, holding on to the back of my 145lb saint bernard. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE who saw this picture, was amazed, except my fellow innkeepers on this forum. Not even ONE commented. I think that's awful. God gave everyone a backbone.
Let's see if this posts.

Bree, I responded to Pipermans's post. Not showing up. Guess I should post again..
trishany said:
Bree, I responded to Pipermans's post. Not showing up. Guess I should post again.
See Seashanty's post. She copied it right off the forum. It's there. Maybe you have your forum settings so that new posts go to the bottom? Most everyone has them set so the newest go to the top. Makes it easier to read what's newest.

Also, I posted my 18lb. beautiful neice, holding on to the back of my 145lb saint bernard. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE who saw this picture, was amazed, except my fellow innkeepers on this forum. Not even ONE commented. I think that's awful. God gave everyone a backbone.
Let's see if this posts..
trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
The picture(s) of your dog(s) showed up. No one posted because we've seen a bazillion photos of your dogs. Dogs with kids, dogs in the water, dogs climbing into the beds, dog home from surgery, Daisy taking care of MacDuff, etc. You've told how guests love the dogs. How 145 guests have had their picture taken with the dogs. That's wonderful. Mostly, tho, we (I) don't care about the dogs. We all have dogs or cats or kids we love, too. This isn't the place. Unless it is totally brand new, earth-shattering dog news most of us are not going to comment on pictures of anyone's dogs.
Now. There's the backbone I was born with. Sorry I didn't mention I don't care about the dogs sooner. Personally, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings. But you keep throwing everyone's lack of interest in our faces.
Post about running the B&B, post about the guests, post about the great breakfasts and where you find the fabulous linens. Heck, post about the drunken guests you've had to pick up at the wineries. We'll all respond. But the dogs? Nope. We're (I'm) done with the dogs.

Okay, see the post. sorry and thank you..
Trisha, I googled Distinction Magazine but it looks like they don't have an online version? I wanted to read about you/your B&B! Do you have a link you can share??
regular_smile.gif

trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
The picture(s) of your dog(s) showed up. No one posted because we've seen a bazillion photos of your dogs. Dogs with kids, dogs in the water, dogs climbing into the beds, dog home from surgery, Daisy taking care of MacDuff, etc. You've told how guests love the dogs. How 145 guests have had their picture taken with the dogs. That's wonderful. Mostly, tho, we (I) don't care about the dogs. We all have dogs or cats or kids we love, too. This isn't the place. Unless it is totally brand new, earth-shattering dog news most of us are not going to comment on pictures of anyone's dogs.
Now. There's the backbone I was born with. Sorry I didn't mention I don't care about the dogs sooner. Personally, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings. But you keep throwing everyone's lack of interest in our faces.
Post about running the B&B, post about the guests, post about the great breakfasts and where you find the fabulous linens. Heck, post about the drunken guests you've had to pick up at the wineries. We'll all respond. But the dogs? Nope. We're (I'm) done with the dogs.
Of course, "it's the place". The Off Topic Forum is EXACTLY the place to post pictures of my dogs, Bree, whether you agree or not. Others might like to see these pictures.
I posted pictures here of the dogs cause I thought they were very beautiful pictures, and I thought that some people, seeing a 185lb dog on three legs with an 18lb 3-year old on his back would be very inspiring to some people. And, a picture that some would never see. That's all.
I thought it would bring a smile to some faces. I'm sorry if you didn't like them.
And you say "mostly, we (I) don't care about the dogs". I know you didn't mean to say such a harsh thing. But, one thing I don't understand -- when you said "we", did you mean your family? did you mean the people on this forum? who did you mean?

trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
That's not a backbone , that's...
Wow, did you get some extra sets of Dryer Balls? Because you definitely have a pair now!
wink_smile.gif

And I totally agree...it was cute pic, but do I really need to comment on it? This is like the back page of the local news where they have a whole page devoted to local pictures of happenings around town, at least it was supposed to be. Now it's just everyone sending in pics of their cute kid or grand kid, which is great, but it was supposed to be a page of interesting pictures. How many photos of dog or baby drool do we really need to see?
Sorry Trishany, they are beautiful, but...I have a dog and kids and they are cute too, but I'm not going to bore you with my family photo album unless you ask...

Okay, see the post. sorry and thank you..
Trisha, I googled Distinction Magazine but it looks like they don't have an online version? I wanted to read about you/your B&B! Do you have a link you can share??
regular_smile.gif

Thanks Georgia Girl, we've had six bookings in the past week from that article in Distinction. And, I haven't even seen it yet! I'll be receiving a copy in the mail soon.
I did go on-line, but it's not up yet. Called them, they said it will be up soon. Don't worry, I'll send you the link as soon as I know. Thanks for your interest.

trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
Of course, "it's the place". The Off Topic Forum is EXACTLY the place to post pictures of my dogs, Bree, whether you agree or not. Others might like to see these pictures.
I posted pictures here of the dogs cause I thought they were very beautiful pictures, and I thought that some people, seeing a 185lb dog on three legs with an 18lb 3-year old on his back would be very inspiring to some people. And, a picture that some would never see. That's all.
I thought it would bring a smile to some faces. I'm sorry if you didn't like them.
And you say "mostly, we (I) don't care about the dogs". I know you didn't mean to say such a harsh thing. But, one thing I don't understand -- when you said "we", did you mean your family? did you mean the people on this forum? who did you mean?
All the people who DIDN'T respond to your pictures WEREN'T interested in responding. How hard is that to understand? There are posts on here all the time that get no response - that means no one has anything to say.

trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
All the people who DIDN'T respond to your pictures WEREN'T interested in responding. How hard is that to understand? There are posts on here all the time that get no response - that means no one has anything to say.
How could anyone who saw that picture NOT respond? If I saw a picture like that, I would immediately respond to the poster.
But, you're right, some people are just not interested in responding.

trishany said:
Let's see if this posts.
That's not a backbone , that's...
Wow, did you get some extra sets of Dryer Balls? Because you definitely have a pair now!
wink_smile.gif

And I totally agree...it was cute pic, but do I really need to comment on it? This is like the back page of the local news where they have a whole page devoted to local pictures of happenings around town, at least it was supposed to be. Now it's just everyone sending in pics of their cute kid or grand kid, which is great, but it was supposed to be a page of interesting pictures. How many photos of dog or baby drool do we really need to see?
Sorry Trishany, they are beautiful, but...I have a dog and kids and they are cute too, but I'm not going to bore you with my family photo album unless you ask...
Yup, about time someone got some Dryer Balls.

Back