Hiring Help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a contract cleaning gal lined up for when I really need her. $10/hr & she is responsible for her own taxes, etc....won't be an employee, I don't want to mess with that!
I just hired a lawn service again...$100/week for the 2 yards. UGH! Kills me but I just can't do it all anymore, especially in the heat. I have to bite the bullet :-(.
Samster said:
I've got a contract cleaning gal lined up for when I really need her. $10/hr & she is responsible for her own taxes, etc....won't be an employee, I don't want to mess with that!
I just hired a lawn service again...$100/week for the 2 yards. UGH! Kills me but I just can't do it all anymore, especially in the heat. I have to bite the bullet :-(
Lawn guy doing the lawns only or the gardens too? He mows once a week and gets $100? I am in the wrong business.
Yep, we're in the wrong business...at least here.
sad_smile.gif
That is the going price, around $50/yard. Includes mowing, weeding (except my perennial garden where they will pull flowers thinking they are weeds), spraying Roundup on driveways, sidewalks, etc., edging, blowing & trimming the hedges as needed. They missed a couple of things today but it was the first go around. I actually think that my neighbors, who use the same service, are paying something like $75/week for a smaller yard. This guy has been in business for 28 years & he can also do landscaping, etc. My dh just can't do this kind of work anymore & I can't do it all!! Something had to give.

Back