Holiday breakfast - 4th of july

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
US based friends - do you have a4th of July special or tradition?
Looking for ideas. I searched '4th of July breakfast' but found only grilling ideas. Nothing for breakfast.
We will cut watermelon into stars and add blueberries and shredded coconut for our fruit offering.
Probably do blueberry pancakes.
What do you do to make it festive?

I did find a couple ideas on line.
Mini cherry pies. Line a muffin tin with pie crust, add cherry pie filling and cut remaining pie crust into star shapes. Put stars on top and bake. Looked festive as all heck.
Another idea is red velvet pancakes with white coconut syrup (confectioners sugar, coconut cream and milk) and blueberries.

I was thinking about that this morning. I am thinking of making a flag with fruit Blueberries for the blue field, and red raspberries and apple slices for the stripes. I have a GF coming in on the 3rd. I will be keeping it simple - probaably just eggs and bacon - because I have a concert at noon - and I need to travel to it. And my gong makes a big difference in the impact of that selection and will be missed if I am not there. I also play the tom-toms, triangle, wind chimes, and shaker.

I was thinking about that this morning. I am thinking of making a flag with fruit Blueberries for the blue field, and red raspberries and apple slices for the stripes. I have a GF coming in on the 3rd. I will be keeping it simple - probaably just eggs and bacon - because I have a concert at noon - and I need to travel to it. And my gong makes a big difference in the impact of that selection and will be missed if I am not there. I also play the tom-toms, triangle, wind chimes, and shaker..
gillumhouse said:
I was thinking about that this morning. I am thinking of making a flag with fruit Blueberries for the blue field, and red raspberries and apple slices for the stripes. I have a GF coming in on the 3rd. I will be keeping it simple - probaably just eggs and bacon - because I have a concert at noon - and I need to travel to it. And my gong makes a big difference in the impact of that selection and will be missed if I am not there. I also play the tom-toms, triangle, wind chimes, and shaker.
It wouldn't be a good fourth of July concert without awesome percussion. Break a leg!

Something red, white & blue. For the first time ever we have no guests for the 4th. I may just sleep in.

Something red, white & blue. For the first time ever we have no guests for the 4th. I may just sleep in..
Morticia said:
Something red, white & blue. For the first time ever we have no guests for the 4th. I may just sleep in.
Sleeping in sounds like a luxury. Is there a parade or other fun in your town?

Something red, white & blue. For the first time ever we have no guests for the 4th. I may just sleep in..
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Yes, parade goes right by the house, so I'll be out there for that.

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
I may just come stay there myself! Sounds nice. Is it very odd that you don't have bookings? :(

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Is there anything happening for the neighbour's 150th birthday? :)

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Generic said:
We're drawing Canadian Flags on waffles Saturday, and American flags on pancakes Tuesday.

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
I may just come stay there myself! Sounds nice. Is it very odd that you don't have bookings? :(
Very odd. We've never had a 4th where we were empty! I'm going to make jam. And the state will be shut down tomorrow so good luck with that. (State parks will be open.)

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Generic said:
We're drawing Canadian Flags on waffles Saturday, and American flags on pancakes Tuesday.
I'll have to see if I can work maple leaves into something!

Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Generic said:
I'll have to see if I can work maple leaves into something!
My heart? (Which was broken recently by a guest.)

Belgian waffles with strawberries, bananas, and blueberries.

Back