Holy cow - fire!

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
17,212
Reaction score
72
Guests plugged in a dual phone/gadget charger and left it under the pillow. Housekeeper went to strip beds, pulled back covers and the charger made a huge ‘pop’ and started smoking. Totally fried the charger and exploded the connector. Housekeeper’s hands were all black from touching it. Luckily not burned!
Gomez had to disassemble the outlet to inspect it for damage and possible internal fire in the wall. He’s got all the gadgets, so he tested everything electrical before reassembling the outlet.
Yikes! What an exciting morning!
 

JimBoone

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
985
Reaction score
8
Good timing, folks don't really think ahead, glad this was just excitement and not a disaster
 

gillumhouse

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
15,487
Reaction score
31
Glad Hubs was able to check things out. Electrician fees would not fit under the cost of doing business in my estimation.
Unfortunately, the only cure for stupid is illegal.
 

Arks

Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
6,052
Reaction score
48
Hope they don't look for a way to blame you for the problem! You know people...
 

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
17,212
Reaction score
72
Hope they don't look for a way to blame you for the problem! You know people....
Arks said:
Hope they don't look for a way to blame you for the problem! You know people...
I’ve been waiting for the call looking for the missing chargers.
 
Top